Problems connecting JVC camcorder to laptop

g1g

Hi,

I've borrowed a JVC GR-dvl367 camcorder for a few days and wondering how to get the footage from tapes on to my laptop. When I connect usb it says it recognises it but can't install a driver. Can't find one online either only an installation manual and the owner of the camcorder doesn't seem to have an installation cd.

Any other way I can the footage off?

Thanks!

I don't think that its possible to get movie footage from the tape via USB onto the laptop .. the usb is probably just for copying over stills from the memory card. .. i know my own sony camcorder does this and you need to use firewire to get the movie footage from it. but from what I can see of the JVC there is no firewire .. you may just be ablt to connect it using the AV to a video card on a pc or video recorder :(

Hi Scarlet42,

Are you sure this is correct ? When I google the spec for this model it seems to indicate it has a firewire connection ?

g1g - does you laptop have a 4 or 6 pin Firewire connection ?

- pm

thought it might be firewire alright but dont think i have a firewire connection on my laptop (inspiron 1501). Think I might have one on my pc but it's in storage at the moment.

dont think it has a firewire. Has a dv connection but wondering from all my searching is it possible to get the info off the tapes at all or just the memory card. Surely it is thought if videographers do it for weddings etc

I just purchased a laptop with the object of downloading and editing my DVD videos. there were very few Laptops with Firewire, I found that HP laptops seemed more likely to have a firewire. Most new camera have memory cards or DVD disks and do not require a Firewire connection

Back