Court Summons NEED HELP PLEASE..TY

W

winterwolf01

I didn't stop at a stop sign i slowed down but didn't stop and a guard drove up the hill as i went through the stop sign, before he flashed his lights i pulled into a parking spot because i knew he'd stop me
he went mad at me and then took my provisional licence off me to take details.
his partner said to me not to worry u might just get a ticket ill have a word with him(She seemed nice enough).
he asked why i was driving with no full driver, i said (no lies) "my dad works full time and couldn't keep bringing me out and i already failed my test before i have the driving test coming up soon so i was just practicing and im sorry for what i done"
he said I could either pay €1000 fine for no full licence driver or take an €80 fine for running a stop sign. i said i'd pay the fine.

i got a €160 fine in the door a few days later.
1. running a stop sign
2. incompetent driving

i paid them both
and now i got a letter in the door a few months later when i wasn't home saying i have to be in court for not producing my driver's licence(???)

whats going on. he used my licence to get my name and address and i paid my fine, why am i being brought to court? is that not wasting tax payers money.i'm not a boy racer or anything i'm 19 in college doing engineering. i wasn't even rude to him.

can anyone please give me advice on what i can do and explain whats going on.

thank you for any feed back i really appreciate it!

Dont worry just go to court and bring your licence with you. The guard that that sent the court request will be there show him the licence and it'll be struck out of court there'll be no record whatso ever...

I think you failed to produce a valid licence,a provisional is not valid when unaccompanied.

we found out it had nothing to do with the prov licence, apparently i failed to produce my licence within 10 days from when i was stopped,

but even my friend who was with me said that at no point did he say produce ur licence, he just took my prov licence to get my details and said you can choose to get a €1000 or €80 i said the €80 fine.

we went down to our local garda station, they said 'it sounds like he made a mistake with you'.

thanks so much for the help

1.a prov licence is not a licence. only the full one is,
so he is well within the law to do so , maybe a bit harsh tho
2. you say incompetent driving??? do you mean due care and attention???

em to galway... no i was in the wrong i treated the stop sign as a yield sign so i think thats what he meant about being incompetent

and to bronte...to be confirmed, if it does go through ill just explain what happened and if they go through with my charge then ill pay the fine, you know what they say "you can't fight city hall"

thanks everyone for the replys

Back