Recommendation for online travel agent

deli

Hi,
Can anyone recommend an online travel agent to book flights to the US from Dublin. There appears to be quite a few, but many that appear frequently on search engines also appear to have a lot of bad reviews ! sites that people have used would be appreciated.
Thanks

Why not simply book the flights direct on the airline's website?
From searching on Skyscanner, there appears to be a large difference in the cost of the flights with some of the travel agents and direct with the airlines, maybe €1400 in the difference in booking 4 flights

I book about 240 flights per year (although not the US) and I have not yet had problems with any of the agents I have used from Skyscanner. I had the same problem as you, found bad reviews for almost every agent I used. What we have to remember is that people are much more likely to post bad reviews that good reviews. The ones I can think of off the top of my head that I have used without any problems are: edreams, ebookers, budgetair, gotogate, tripsta, lastminute.com, expedia, senturia

One thing to keep in mind is that booking through one of these agents means that you will likely have more restrictions, may not be able to change or cancel, or if you can change, the fees will generally be higher as they charge the airline change fee plus approx 25e. There also may be more restrictions on baggage or no baggage included on some flights so be sure to check and factor this in to your cost to determine true savings.

thanks for the responses, its certainly true about the most people that are inclined to review are the ones with a negative experience !!

thanks folks, matrix software is good for searching, can't book through it but still very helpful, particularly when looking for a multicity trip

Back