Motor Axa Insurance price off the walls!!!

WANDE14

Got my new renewal last week for 496 Eur with Aviva. Shopped around and recived a good quote with its4women.ie of 410. So I just tried Axa this morning and it came in at 1000!!!!!! Holy crap. 29yr old female driver driving a ford focus 1.6. Am I going crazy or is this normal??

I have used AXA a few times and they have been very competitive but the renewal can be shocking. I changed from them this year as the quote doubled for the same car.

It's all a game and we are all just stats in that. Get sufficient quotes each year and show no loyalty as you won't be shown any.

It seems to me that insurance companies will drop their price one year to get customers in and the very next year go back to off the wall pricing. I've noticed this with the likes of FBD, 123 etc. Seems to be common practice to me.

Was with Axa for about ten years and their renewal quote was always fairly close to the market price or they brought it close after I rang them and looked for a better price. One year, they wouldn't budge on the price, so I moved to Aviva. The next year, they bettered Aviva's price and I moved back. They are competitive at the moment and playing ball. If they don't play ball, I'll move again. I totally agree with serotoninsid

It's all a game and we are all just stats in that. Get sufficient quotes each year and show no loyalty as you won't be shown any.

premium for lady drivers are going up due to ECJ discrimination case accross the board

I think this ruling has backfired on consumers. We have a young driver insurance scheme in operation and I haven't noticed any significant drop for young male drivers. Young female drivers have increased though and some insurers will no longer offer quotes to young female's as they would have to offer similar to males.

It's a general insurance thing - car, house, health. Every year we start shopping around again because the renewal prices are ridiculous. I find Health Insurance the worst tbh.

i had a claim with axa insurance and disputed it with them.i rang them back asking to speak to supervisor over case to be told she was not working today i rang back a few minites later to be told shes on a call.
axa would not send complaint higher and she told me i was lying .i ended up having to to take their settlement which was rubbage.
i followed up complaint with axa and the never got back to me .not good company

i had a claim with axa insurance and disputed it with them.i rang them back asking to speak to supervisor over case to be told she was not working today i rang back a few minites later to be told shes on a call.
axa would not send complaint higher and she told me i was lying .i ended up having to to take their settlement which was rubbage.
i followed up complaint with axa and the never got back to me .not good company

Its unusual that an insurance company said you were lying.

I don't think you are giving the full story here.

yes sadly i have given the full story unbelievavle as it is.
my complaint has never been dealt with by axa.
infact i was on very good terms with one of the branch managers and he wouldnt do any thing for me.
as the saying goes vote with ur feet and i pulled 8 insurance policies with them so the losing 8 policies which should have mattered but didnt.
yes she called me a lier accusing me of having house rented out,when their appointed assesor and builder were fixing up house and the had the keys.
she even said i was lying about having a sofa in the sitting room .
thats my experience with axa and had been using them for near ten years.
make what u like of it thats the facts

Back