baltic cruise

buster mammy

is it safe to travel to the baltic i.e. st petersburg in june thinking of booking a cruise but holding back because of current situation in russia and will the cruise line start doing discounts if people start to cancel bookings! any thoughts welcome

is it safe to travel to the baltic i.e. st petersburg in june thinking of booking a cruise but holding back because of current situation in russia and will the cruise line start doing discounts if people start to cancel bookings! any thoughts welcome

At the moment, the unrest is concentrated in Ukraine which is long way from St. Petersburg. If you have no conscientious objection to being a tourist to Russia, and I'm not suggesting you should, then there would be no safety reason to not book for the Baltic. It remains to be seen if Obama's boycott/action extends to banning US cruise lines from visiting Russian ports. There are cruises to the Black Sea which will be affected first.

Pricing will be interesting, as embarkation dates approach, there may be good deals, but more so for the Black sea itineraries, I feel. Baltic remains high demand/high price. Might be an idea to check European cruise lines that visit there, MSC, Fred Olsen etc.

Back