Gareth Brooks Concert

Actually out of my whole family in Ireland, none of them are going. None have any interest in him or his music.

So in some houses most of the occupants must be going.

More like quite a few will be going to a number of the concerts I would say. I think Betsy Og hit the nail on the head there with it being a yearning for an experience (like the last time he was here I'd say) - hopefully for those attending Mr Brooks is still capable of putting in a performance (or actually 5 of them!) like he did 20 years ago!

(like the last time he was here I'd say) [/QUOTE said:
The "he" referred to above is of course Mr. Brooks, while I like to think I touch (not literally of course !! :eek:) the lives of all who encounter me, I've generally only been able to escape the island for short periods ;)

I wonder is this phonomenon being reported on abroad?, I'm past caring about the tone of the coverage or possible inferences about Ireland, but would this be seen internationally as a bit of a shocker?, I'm fairly gobsmacked I have to say.

In raging, failed on the lap top, to get tickets for show 4 this morning. I then went for a four mile walk in the country when the wireless announced show 5!.
Frantically got the iPhone out & logged into ticketmaster etc. eureka! After 15 mins wait they allocated me 2 cusack lower tickets. All set to complete & pay when the the site failed. I could have wept. By the time I got home to the lap top it was sold out.On reflection I blame the captcha carry on. It was nearly impossible to make it out on the iPhone4s. :-(

In raging, failed on the lap top, to get tickets for show 4 this morning. I then went for a four mile walk in the country when the wireless announced show 5!.
Frantically got the iPhone out & logged into ticketmaster etc. eureka! After 15 mins wait they allocated me 2 cusack lower tickets. All set to complete & pay when the the site failed. I could have wept. By the time I got home to the lap top it was sold out.On reflection I blame the captcha carry on. It was nearly impossible to make it out on the iPhone4s. :-(

Don't worry. As was mentioned many times on the giant thread on boards, the premium tickets still haven't gone on sale. Apparently holders of the premium seats will now be offered the chance to buy concert tickets for their seats. If they don't want them, those tickets will be released to the public. It isn't usually announced so just check ticketmaster every now and again. And apparently there's also something called production tickets - that's when they don't release some seats immediately because the stage set-up might not be exactly finalised. When those final details are organised then those seats are released for sale, too.

I'd love to have been able to get a ticket for the Saturday and would have gladly used up most of my holiday budget to fly back for that day (can't get holidays that week so would have had to fly back Saturday and then home again on Sunday) but I didn't manage to get through the website on time. And in the meantime I've found out I've a wedding to go to in June that I definitely do not want to miss so that's that. Loads of people on the boards thread seem to be going on multiple nights and I'd say quite a few people, not just ex-pats, will be flying in for it. Someone suggested that he should have done this two years ago and we'd already be well out of the recession by now. :D

And once again the hotel industry outdoes in it's ability to take advantage. People flying in from abroad are really going to want to return. Anyone care to stay on Gardiner Street for €400 on the Satuday night??

http://ie.hotels.com/search.do?destination=Dublin%2C+Ireland&current-location=Dublin%2C+Ireland&arrivalDate=26%2F07%2F2014&departureDate=27%2F07%2F2014&searchParams.rooms.compact_occupancy_dropdown=compact_occupancy_1_2&rooms=1&searchParams.rooms%5B0%5D.numberOfAdults=2&children%5B0%5D=0&pageName=HomePage&destinationId=&searchParams.landmark (http://ie.hotels.com/search.do?destination=Dublin%2C+Ireland&current-location=Dublin%2C+Ireland&arrivalDate=26%2F07%2F2014&departureDate=27%2F07%2F2014&searchParams.rooms.compact_occupancy_dropdown=compact_occupancy_1_2&rooms=1&searchParams.rooms%5B0%5D.numberOfAdults=2&children%5B0%5D=0&pageName=HomePage&destinationId=&searchParams.landmark)=

And once again the hotel industry outdoes in it's ability to take advantage. People flying in from abroad are really going to want to return. Anyone care to stay on Gardiner Street for €400 on the Satuday night??

http://ie.hotels.com/search.do?destination=Dublin%2C+Ireland&current-location=Dublin%2C+Ireland&arrivalDate=26%2F07%2F2014&departureDate=27%2F07%2F2014&searchParams.rooms.compact_occupancy_dropdown=compact_occupancy_1_2&rooms=1&searchParams.rooms%5B0%5D.numberOfAdults=2&children%5B0%5D=0&pageName=HomePage&destinationId=&searchParams.landmark (http://ie.hotels.com/search.do?destination=Dublin%2C+Ireland&current-location=Dublin%2C+Ireland&arrivalDate=26%2F07%2F2014&departureDate=27%2F07%2F2014&searchParams.rooms.compact_occupancy_dropdown=compact_occupancy_1_2&rooms=1&searchParams.rooms%5B0%5D.numberOfAdults=2&children%5B0%5D=0&pageName=HomePage&destinationId=&searchParams.landmark)=

Try booking a hotel in Aberdeen. Dublin is a bargain by comparison!

Back