Life life insurance, came across low commission.ie - any good?

Mercman, whilst I agree with you regarding the commission vs. no commission argument, I feel it is really down to honesty and competence. I can educate myself about commissions payable, I can check the qualifications of the person but unless I receive a personal recommendation I may have no idea of the honesty of the person I'm dealing with.

You could say the industry has rebranded itself over the past 20 years albeit rather slowly and at that by enforced regulation, consumer protection guidelines and industry qualifications but your personal experience which is echoed by many many others illustrates how little progress we have actually made.

but your personal experience which is echoed by many many others illustrates how little progress we have actually made.

We've made no progress in this country at all. It really is a case of the tail wagging the dog. Look at the amount of complaints with the FSO. If there was any progress in this industry, the list of complaints would be far lower and more important the Financial Providers would take measures to fix some of the complaints.

The lunatics running the asylum is most fitting in this instance and circumstances.

I am also looking at lowcommission.ie for my mortgage protection as I recently went sale agreed. Do you have any experiences, pros and cons regarding application process, etc.? Would appreciate any advice. Thank you.

Back