Motor Car renewal up €180??Why?

My advice: Check Aviva for a quote.

Happy chappy here!! :)

BTW I don't work in the insurance industry!

For fun, tried them as well......rubbish quote from them...........€1006, good luck Aviva! As another poster mentioned, insurers seems to target a specific sector of the market and basically price everyone else out.

My comment came from when I rang them up a couple of years ago to ask why the quickquote was so much lower than the quote when I put in full details - my car was about 7/8 years old at the time and the person on the phone said that the quickquote assumed the car was 2 years old.

I can't remember which co it was.

Aviva quoted me €474 so not going with them.

Got another quote from AIG called AIG Box Clever.Never heard of it but they send out a box that you fit to your car that evaluates your driving.Quote came in at €344 which is best quote yet but I'm not sure I want a 3rd party evaluating my driving!!Anyone use these devices before?

Rsa

Has anyone had recent bad experience with RSA? Used to be a reputable company. My son had a recent claim - was hit into by a RSA-insured driver who admitted responsibility. Have been ages sorting out very minor claim. And none too cooperative! Am considering moving from them myself.

... First Ireland have offered me the same comprehensive cover as I had last year for the same premium, €320.00.
OK, I signed up with First Ireland, deposit and first month's premium paid. Renewal date has come and gone, but no cert and no disc :mad:. Promises that cert and disc delivered by today (past my renewal date) over the phone and an emailed copy sent but no originals received. I received two envelopes of mainly marketing materials from them today, policy document in one envelope, but still no disc and cert.

One letter from a man in client services states that the cert and disc are being prepared and he hoped to have them in his office "within the next two weeks"!! The letter is dated 23rd, postmarked the 27th and I paid deposit and first month's premium by debit card on 21st. The emailed copies of the vert disc and policy schedule are signed and dated by the insurer's rep on 13/7/2013 :confused:

All very disappointing and I got the usual Billy to Jack run around when I asked for explanations. Very poor show from "one of Ireland's biggest insurance brokers", to quote their on-hold 'phone advertising, which I now know off by heart.

I think ye can read this as a de-recommendation / caveat. I am still awaiting call-backs from two of the "bosses" as I type.

Back