Changes to standard spec of AH

Neil_Ireland

Hi all,

I'm in the process of buying an AH and would like to know if anyone has had any changes made to the standard spec of the house.

This is what I would like to have changed.

• Downlighters fitted in the kitchen/dining area and hall instead of the standard single light fittings.
  • Double sockets instead of singles.
  • TV point in second bedroom.
  • CAT 5 in main areas/bedrooms.
The house is being built at the moment so it would be easy enough for this to be done now compared to when I move in.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Neil.

I take it nobody has done this then, as it's a new build I wonder would the electrician be interested in a nixer...would be easy for them to make the changes while the house is being built.

Or am I asking too much?

I tried to get a minor change made before completion and was told that I couldn't until I fully owned the apt. All I want is a minor change to the kitchen. I'll ask the carpenter on site if he's interested in the job once I've closed.

I tried to get a minor change made before completion and was told that I couldn't until I fully owned the apt. All I want is a minor change to the kitchen. I'll ask the carpenter on site if he's interested in the job once I've closed.

Thanks for the reply Cheeus.
It would be a huge mess trying to get the bits done when the house is completed, ceilings and parts of walls would need to be replastered.

I'll get on to the estate agents for the foremans name on the site, he may be able to help.

Neil.

Hi Neil,

Just in relation to you wanting downlighters. These are becoming unfashionable as they are not considered to be environmentally friendly. Several Lights instead of one.

With new building certificates, this could impact on your apt energy ratings when you go to sell in the future!
Good luck in your new home

Last edited:
I think that might depend upon whether you have 220v downlighters or the 12v ones (with the transformer). The low voltage ones use less power so are presumably more environmentally friendly?

However if you mean that they are less environmentally friendly cos they black out the night sky more that's a different argument :)

cheers,
peter

Back