Importing Windows

wardey27

Hi I was wondering has anyone imported uPVC or Aluminium windows in the last few years?I am looking at a 3m push and slide patio door and the prices here seem crazy. Is it still a good option to import????
Thanks

The problem I have encountered with this is if you import on a supply only basis:
a: who will know how to fit them
b: who will fix any problem.

I speak from experience here: a self build imported a 25K set of sliding doors which got fitted by the silicone and expanded foam brigade.
The smoke test was done and the kit leaked like crazy.
No comeback....

As far Im aware most windows or at least bits are imported...I had a window "expert" out few weeks back as Im interested in changing the glass in our full sunroom...he had a buzzer thing and said our windows had no "soft touch" and the buzzer didnt buzz...we had been told our windows came from eastern europe but this guy said more like uk as eastern european windows would have been much better quality....

unfort ours were fitted the same brigade as ircoha and when i see new windows being fitted in new builds today Im nearly crying...

..he had a buzzer thing and said our windows had no "soft touch" and the buzzer didnt buzz...

Any idea what the soft touch is, or is supposed to do? I've never heard of it in relation to windows!

"...buzzer did'nt buzz..." LOL**n!!
Sandals, I nearly chinked on my cappuccino when I read this :) Thanks for the laugh.

It reminds me of the filtered tap water scam: they test your water with a tablet that will make it go green.....

To get a buzz, I will research same and revert as am interested in it.

I assume they are referring to the 'soft coat' as in the coating of the inside of the double glazed units used for energy efficiency.

1 coating to inside of inside pane - c rate glass
1 coating to inside of both inside and outer pane - a rate glass

sorry, thats more right...my husband thought it all a con when i told him...however he did point out our sunroom windows fitted the wrong way around as in a few seconds with a screw driver n our panes glass out...

Back