Number of rental properties on Daft in Swords

landlord

I have kept a very close eye on the number of rental properties in Swords over the last few years. I rent out a few properties there myself. Last year there were over 150 properties for rent in Swords. Today however there are less than 50. My question is why is this not reflected in the advertised rents?, especially since there are supposedly more renters out there who can't yet afford/or get credit to buy.
So supply is down demand should be up, but rents remain unchanged?

I know very little about the subjec, but hasn't Joan Burton's reduction of Rent Allowance had the effect or reducing rents generally? There is now less money to pay for rent, so the price drops?

Daft often does surveys on topics like this.

Possibly that might have an effect, but that still doesn't change supply and demand. I wonder what the ratio of social welfare renters to non social welfare renters is?

I wouldn't trust Daft in the first place to be accurate. Maybe they've gone and cleaned it up. But due to the fact that you can put in one ad and renew for nothing I imagine a lot of estate agents keep the same ad even if the place is rented so that they get a call from a prospective renter and can divert the enquirer to a similar property.

Even if there are less properties landlords know that a lot of people are on reduced wages so maybe don't increase the rents to reflect the economic reality out there.

Back