Did anyone of you open an account with one the biggest german banks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

i found an ad for the below website (on the back of the Irish Times) this week

//germanbankaccount[dot]com

from what i can see they will open your account for you, for a fee of 200EUR (100 of which is for notarising documents). the bank they are using is HypoVereinsBank (HVB)

have to stress that in no way am i advocating using these people! just that after following this thread (and planning to open an account next time i'm in Germany), I stumbled across their advert. thought i'd share with people

€200 for processing an application for the bank. Nice one for the people selling this service .

wonder what they'd say if you brought in the info already notarised? would they still charge the 200 or drop it to 100e?

From jillkerby.ie

"You should know that UniCredit, the Italian parent bank of HypoVereinsbank was one of the banks, along with the giant Societe Generale of France that the markets sold off heavily earlier this month over concerns about the vast amounts of sovereign debt they are carrying. Since the end of February, Unicredit’s share price has fallen from about €2 to just 89 cent at time of writing, which reminds me of the huge fall in bank shares prices that the Irish banks experienced throughout 2007 and 2008."

From jillkerby.ie

"You should know that UniCredit, the Italian parent bank of HypoVereinsbank was one of the banks, along with the giant Societe Generale of France that the markets sold off heavily earlier this month over concerns about the vast amounts of sovereign debt they are carrying. Since the end of February, Unicredit’s share price has fallen from about €2 to just 89 cent at time of writing, which reminds me of the huge fall in bank shares prices that the Irish banks experienced throughout 2007 and 2008."

Yep, that's why a few months ago I moved my savings away from Unicredit and San Paolo IMI to Germany... :(

Check this service out! Finally! :)
There is no set-up fee at all and the bank has really competitive rates!

www(dot)germanbanking365(dot)com

What do you think?

Looks highly suspicious. No way on earth I'd enter my details on that website.

Check this service out! Finally! :)
There is no set-up fee at all and the bank has really competitive rates!

www(dot)germanbanking365(dot)com

What do you think?

But this is nothing else than someone who has a referal id for DKB.

If you click on the German Link to open you are getting re-directed to the DKB account opening form with a referal id, so no entering of info on their site.

Only if you choose to use the english process you are giving them data. I assume that what they than do is enter your info into the german form.

I could offer that service (speaking german) and than I would get paid for the referal or choose to get 15000 DKB Points for it.

But I agree with chewchew, I would not enter my information on the site, the site is new, the owner is someone in Germany (as per whois) and has very little information about him on the net. The irish address is a maildrop.

In addition the website is breaking german law as he has not the required impressum on it.

Nice idea but nothing else than a DKB account via some referal id.

Has anybody made a trip to Frankfurt to buy German government bunds (bonds)? any issues?

Was involved in this discussion a while back but due to domestic reasons couldn't follow up. Now I can and wish to open a German Bank A/C. Have approx €40k to deposit with security from Euro breakup in mind so about 2% interest is fine. Time period 1yr+. I will travel over and back in 1 day so probably Munich/Frankfurt/Dusseldorf whichever is cheapest and convenient. I guess I'd need to set up an appointment first so any contact no's etc would be very helpful. I'm guessing I should bring passport, drivers licence, utility bills, Irish bank details, PPS no. Anything else I should take, do first or be aware of? I don't speak German but have been over there a few times so know I'll get by with English. Any help would be appreciated.

They probably would but Rabobank doesnn't allow non resident account holders.

Thanks I'll give them a call - Although I had seen on other posts that they stopped

Just back from Rotterdam after a visit to a Rabobank branch there. Current & Savings account opened now. Fee of 4.40 euro per quarter for current account. Got my IBAN this morning and will do a test transfer this evening from my current account. I was told there is a fee for doing an IBAN transfer from Rabo current account - something like 2 or 3 euros.

The meeting was very straightforward - in and out in 15mins. Just needed my passport and a bank statement of my current account. Signed the contract (was in Dutch but I had translated it in advance of meeting) in the branch and got my Rabo code generator. Need to wait for my debit pass card which is used with the code generator (as well as functioning as a ATM card). I expect this by end of week and also will need to ring the branch to activate the account before I can log in.

Overall very pleased with the process.

Where did you fly to/from ??

Do you consider Rabobank safer than the German Banks?

Thanks for the info oberon.

Looks like you had great success in Berlin.
I will start with Deutsche Bank and might look to open some of the others.

Cheers oberon,

Did you make an appointment with DB or just drop in?

Planning a trip mid dec

Flying to Frankfurt would be easier and cheaper for me.
Anyone know about opening an account there?

@Oberon - How recently since you opened your account?
Are there monthly fees with you account?

Us $

Hi
On the same subject.

I have a US$ account with aib as I was being paid in dollars recently by work.
I have been seriously transfering my euro into the dollar account as a precaution, due to possible 2 speed euro or punt nua.
Would it be imune to euro risk in an Irish bank in dollar account?

Regards and thanks for comments

Hi Guys,
Im traveling to Berlin to open account most likely with DB bank, im just wondering in the event of the euro breaking up eg. Germany havin Euros Ireland havin punts is there any chance the Irish Goverment could make the germans convert the money held in the german account back to Punts when it is bein withdrawn or will we be able to withdraw euros even we have a Irish address?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back