2 adults+2 kids. Suggestions for a holiday please.

willbee

My wife and I would like to go for a couple of days break somewhere in Ireland with a 2 and a 3yr old in the coming months. Does anyone have any suggestions???

Have you considered leaving the children behind with family members and get a well deserved break for yourselves.
If you do decide to go to a hotel you have to be out of restaurant at a certain time ,it is not like Spain where you can enjoy a meal out at anytime without been hassled to hurry up and leave.make sure you do get a hotel with a swimming pool to keep the children amused.
My wife and I would like to go for a couple of days break somewhere in Ireland with a 2 and a 3yr old in the coming months. Does anyone have any suggestions???

The Quality Hotel Youghal is very nice, and right on the beach, which is great if you get the weather. They have a nice pool, and a playroom/creche facility. There are lovely self-catering apartments and holiday homes within the hotel complex, which I think is a great option when you are going away with young children. Children are very welcome in the restaurant etc.

We have recommended it to friends with children who are a similar age to yours and they enjoyed it too.

You could also check out http://www.sandycovebeach.com
it is just outside Rosscarbery in West Cork , I know they stick to Sat - Sat in July & August but the rest of the year they will accommodate short breaks , we stayed there for 5 nights in May last year.

Thanks for the suggestions folks. We will be definitely looking into them. DoDo, We would like to bring the kids. They are bored with the daily routine also and we would like to get them used to staying outside the home. We plan to bring them further afield next year if this goes well.

Is Trabolgan still around? We were there years ago and actually left 3 days early. Thought it was horrendous. What about Kellys in Rosslare?

I'll second the Trabolgan complaint. Went there two years ago with 5 and 3 year old kids. Supposed to stay for a week and we too left early. We were in one of the Chesnut homed, a completely miserable dump. It was damp and cold, the kind of place you were afraid to lift something up in case a spider was there. The "garden" the patio doors open onto was open on one side and we were afraid of the little fella running off. The swimming pool was freezing, as was the actual swimming pool centre itself so you're shivering in and out of the water and the kids pool was dirty. Crap selection of food on the premises unless you like everything deep fried. I was never so glad to get back to my own bed.

Back