Nationwide Regular Saver 4% a one-off account?

bravo

My 4% regular saver with Nationwide UK is coming to maturity after 15 months and I called to check maturity date. I assumed I could open another account at the same rate from then, but no - it's a one off account and a further 4% account cannot be opened. Just for info.

Arrrgggg. So you cant have back to back NUK 4% accounts? Thats a pain.

I was also told that, but assumed the call centre person was saying I couldn't have two at once, as I know. I planned to apply again after the account had matured and closed, and see what happened.
Are you definitely sure Bravo that you can't have one after the other?

Ditto... I opened one on the very first day! The market for decent savings products continues to recede.

Gervan, That's what she said - a one off account, one per person. We were discussing the maturity date and I wanted to get the forms to sign up for another.

Yeah, a once-off product, one can only ever open up one Nationwide UK (Ireland) 15 Month Regular Saver account.

It is a great product but very restrictive. Despite the lower 3.50% rate, the KBC Regular Saver product, can offer many people a better return due to the fact that there is no maturity date and the rate applies up to 50k.

From a rough calculation, interest @ 3.5% depositing 1k per month for 12 months is about 228 euro. This increases to 290 euro for 4.5%, when you have KBC current account . Hence if you make about an extra sixty quid interest. When you remove 24 euro annual fees, its down to 36 euro extra interest. IMO it's probably not worth opening the KBC current account specifically to get an extra 36 euro per year. Others may disagree.

From a rough calculation, interest @ 3.5% depositing 1k per month for 12 months is about 228 euro. This increases to 290 euro for 4.5%, when you have KBC current account . Hence if you make about an extra sixty quid interest. When you remove 24 euro annual fees, its down to 36 euro extra interest. IMO it's probably not worth opening the KBC current account specifically to get an extra 36 euro per year. Others may disagree.

Furthermore, it's not worth restarting your 3.5% regular savings account to avail of the higher rate if you have squirrelled away funds before this offer came along.

Agreed. It is not worth the fees. Furthermore, the bonus interest expires on 1 June 2015 so you do not get the 1% bonus interest for the full year.

However, the normal 3.5% KBC regular saver product is worth opening.

The KBC regular savers are better for couples, as you can open one each and a joint saver. You only need a joint current account if you're going for the 4.5%.

what is the best option now for depositing 100k and leaving it untouched for 3 or 4 years ? Is it Government state savings or is there a better option available

Back