What are rules about hanging paintings etc in rented apartment?

colly

I'm moving into a new apartment. It's brand new only just built. The buiklder owns it.

Walls are bare, I'm assuming its ok to put a few screws in the wall fro hanging paintings etc. However someone suggested you can get something that can hang a painting but be removed without marking the wall... Any ideas?

I just bought a prokector screen and want to mount it on the wall - it uses two screws either side. Would I get away with that ok?

I'd just ring the landlord and ask him if it's okay- he might want to just do it himself in case you do a botch job and leave marks on the walls. If he gives you the go ahead well then at least he was warned ;)

I'm moving into a new apartment. It's brand new only just built. The buiklder owns it.

Walls are bare, I'm assuming its ok to put a few screws in the wall fro hanging paintings etc. However someone suggested you can get something that can hang a painting but be removed without marking the wall... Any ideas?

I just bought a prokector screen and want to mount it on the wall - it uses two screws either side. Would I get away with that ok?

Do you have a written letting agreement? There is generally a clause preventing hanging paintings etc. Worst case scenario is that you drill the holes, hang the projector screen and get hit for cost of repair the wall later when you leave.

Command Strips by 3M are the products that don't leave marks on the wall - see here for more info:

I used these to hold up a notice board, tea towels, and some pictures while I was renting an apartment, and they really are as good as they say. There wasn't a mark on the walls when I removed them. Each pack states how much weight it can take - just check you get ones that are strong enough for your purpose.

So i went into Woodies to buy some of these yesterday. Unfortunately they only seem to hold a small weight, 1lb max. I have some fairly large paintings - i very much doubt it would hold them. Not sure what to do now

As Vanilla said above, what does it say in your lease? If it is not mentioned, ring your landlord and ask.

Back