Other Travel Insurance

G

gao66268119

I have lived in Ireland for 3 months, and I plan to go to Span in Jan 2012. The requirement of Visa includes the travel insurance.

I have lookede the single travel insurance on lots of websites. And the travel insurance need to be confiremed by irish resident or person that lived in Ireland more than 6 months.

In my situation, is there any tpye of travel insurance that I can buy?

Looking for help. Thx you:)

There are the requirements that post in Spanish Embassy in Dublin.

8. Proof of Medical Insurance Cover

o The Embassy only accepts an individual or group travel insurance covering the costs for emergency treatment by a doctor or in a hospital and repatriation to your country of residence The insurance must be valid in all Schengen states for the duration of your stay and must have a minimum cover of 30,000 Euro per person.

o Applicants should take medical insurance in Ireland.

o Please provide the insurance certificate and policy as proof. Please note that the European Health Insurance Card issued by the Irish authorities does not cover costs for repatriation and is therefore not accepted without additional travel insurance cover.

Thank you for remind me for that. :)
I will ask the embassy if I can buy a travel insurance from China.

you are here from China for the past 3 months. Did you take out travel insurance in China before you travelled to Ireland? If so, would it also cover Spain?

No, I did not buy travel insurance in China.
It seems I am stuck in Ireland for 6 months.
Except if I want go to British or China. :(

Try getting travel insurance from china, may be that will work for you. Good luck.

you should have gotten travel insurance to come to Ireland also. Make sure if you are stuck here that you have a valid visa to stay here too.

Back