Its4women: quoted €100 less than axa; anyone insured with them?

davfran

My insurance is up for renewal, I've been with Axa for years yet when I shoped around Its4women were 100eu less and Axa could'nt match it. Just wondering if anyone here is insured with Its4women? Does anyone know anything about them. Thanks

Re: Its4women

when my renewal was up last year i contacted them, very good price, then after speaking with them i was told they do not have an open drive policy at all, so considering i like to know i can drive other peoples cars if needed, they were no good to me. the extra 70e with britton was much better spent.

they did say they would be looking into changing this though, so unless its done by now...i'd say go for it

You seemed to be a bit confused between the difference of driving of other cars and open driving Susie1. The former allows you to drive anothers car 3rd party only cover, whilst the latter allows anyone over a certain age to drive your car. You should get this clarified with ur insurer and with its4women.
Its4women are basically a broker (as am I - so nothing wrong with that!) that use HSBC to underwrite this particular scheme. HSBC are a massive company so couldn't see any problems there. Your only problem could be with the service of the broker administering the scheme who are MCL insurance services. Haven't heard any probs with them so I couldn't see how you could go wrong. I'm a guy so what would I know, but did you not find the site a bit patronising as a woman? Save money on your insurance to buy Jimmy choos sort of thing??

Re: Its4women: quoted €100 less than axa; anyone insured with them?

i just contacted its4women, i was told they now have driving of other cars (depending on age/ job description) and open drive on their policies now. so i guess they came good on their word and did it, i will defo be looking at them for my renewal.

i just renewed my wifes policy with them as they where over 100e cheaper,and had a quote for myself,80e cheaper than what i paid last year,but not due till august so i'll have to reapply,on a similar note,my broker sent through my house ins' renewal,man i got a fright,so again i looked around,got it 340e cheaper can you believe it,i think i'll be getting all my ins' needs on the net from now on,as i got my wifes car ins' basically for nothing and had change,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Its4women.ie maybe cheaper but look out for the hidden extras like they charge everytime u get a car from the garage €20.30 each time. so if ur car is in for a service u will have to pay each time. it may look cheaper but it works out dearer in the long run so BEWARE

What insurance company gives you a free car when yours is in for a regular service? Why would they, you aren't doing claiming the service off the the insurance are you? I would've thought it'd be up to the garage to decide if they gave replacement cars?

I've been with them 2 years running and no problems - they came in very cheap for the last 2 years ago. I did get a cheaper quote from chill.ie last year but its4women matched it within €20 and I accepted that.

I have tried a few other like insure.ie and AXA. These 2 in particular must not like my name as they are usually quote €200 to €300 more than the others.

Have to say I never thought to look for a car when my own car is being serviced - do policies cover this?

I am insured with them and was the victim of a road rage attack last October. They dismissed my claim without explanation and have been very difficult to contact or deal with. I will not renew with them.

womens car insurance

Crikey, thanks davran for that. My wifes insurance is up next month and its4women.ie have just quoted 140 less than her existing insurer.

wino

have to say that I will never ever insure with this company ever ever again.The hardship I had this week to get my car insurance transfered to another car while my own was in the garage for repairs was just unacceptable.They also charge you €30 to do this !! I was told on the phone -when I did eventually got a reply that it would be €20. God love anyone that would need insurance transfer in a hurry. I certainly would not recommend 'Its4woman' to anyone.please learn from my mistake.:mad:

I was wondering if anyone had further experience of this company. They're quoting £100 less than anyone else (am in NI) but am worried that if I had an accident it would cost me thousands in the long run!! I can find very few reviews online, and not sure if that's a good thing or bad bad thing!!

looking for quotes for wife's car insurance at the moment, 123.ie are coming in cheapest for good fully comp. Basically, five or six other insurer quotes are at least €100 dearer, with itsforwomen being one of the more expensive ones, even for a driver with full licence, zero penalty points and 8 years no claims bonus.

looking for quotes for wife's car insurance at the moment, 123.ie are coming in cheapest for good fully comp. Basically, five or six other insurer quotes are at least €100 dearer, with itsforwomen being one of the more expensive ones, even for a driver with full licence, zero penalty points and 8 years no claims bonus.

I'm in a similar situation at the moment. Getting best quote from 123.ie. Has anybody any experience in dealing with them? e.g. trying to claim etc.

Would anyone recommend them?

Hi there,

I'm with them the last 2 years and have had no issues with them whatsoever, I do believe they will make a charge for changing insurance over the phone but if you an insurance change over online there's no additional charge, I believe this is the idea to do everything online iykwim I actually think this is quite handy as you can do a transfer of insurance at any time and not be stuck to office hours.

Itsforwomen.ie

Hey guys,

new to this but have had a nightmare of a year after insuring with itsforwomen. I would advise anyone to stay away from them. You have to pay for any change to any aspect of the policy. I never got an insurance disc and then had to pay for a second one..? they don't include anything and watch out for the excess. The third party claims is horrible to deal with. I found then rude and unhelpful.

My worst experience was recently a deer jumped out in front of me on the motorway and car was written off. It got towed but then the fun started. I had personal property in the car I needed and I got told three times by three different ppl that the car was in different places. When you ring every time you go through waiting on hold, than explanation to new call centre person. The assessor even rang me personally saying he could not find the car and did I know where it was. None of this was ever apologised for in anyway and I was not provided with any car and was told it would be 100e to move my insurance onto another car of lesser engine size temporarily. This was late October. None of this has been resolved yet. I would advise anyone to steer clear of this horrible insurance company, rude, unhelpful and I guarantee you will have paid far more than the 80e you will save at the start by the end of the year with them.

Last edited:
its4women.ie

I cannot contact them... no insurance disc....no receipt for the money they took from my visa. I don't know if I'm insured to drive.
no answer from phone or reply to emails

Hello Everyone.

Not an uncommon story here, my wife is getting a much cheaper quote for what appears to be a similar policy from these guys under the Its4women.ie brand and are looking for further experiences from existing / past customers please ?

The old saying, if it's too good to be true... is ringing in the back of my head, but also the fact that insurance companies quotes vary so much, so that can explain it.

Anyone know what insurance company is underwritting their policies please (the example policy they show online is AIG so wonder do they underwrite all policies) and have recent experience with claims ?

Thank you.

Back