Motor Car accident claim still open will I even be quoted at renewal

Knuttell

Had an accident this morning,car reversed into mine at traffic lights in city centre,I was stationary at the time,exchanged details etc.

Heres the thing,my insurance is up for renewal in 12 days time,I have never had any claims etc but this will still be ongoing and open when I look for renewal quotes,will insurers even quote me?

If it wasnt your fault you have nothing to worry about .Was there a witness? Did the other party admit liability?

Thanks for replying,no liability was admitted,other cars drove on even before I had my seatbelt off.

Will notify insurer on monday morning.

My main concern is getting quotes,will I even be be quoted considering there is an unresolved or open case pending?Was going to start on monday ringing round.

The last time I had an open claim at renewal time,(not my fault),I was quoted the gross premium as my NCB was suspended pending the claim settlement.

My experience and circumstances were the same as vandriver except than it went on for a couple of years. I had to stay with the same insurer lost my NCB for 2 years. When liability was sorted in court I was refunded my loss of NCB and the NCB record was restored.

Vandriver,Dermot,thanks for the replies & you are both correct.

Spoke to the claims dept who said they will try and close it quickly but if not I will have to remain with the same insurer and "pay more" till its resolved at which point I will get a refund.

Problem here. 'other car drove off before I had seatbelt off'. Does this mean that you have no details of that car? is there any proof that s/he reversed into you? Could it be said that you rear ended him/her?

If the other driver accepts that they reversed into you, then you should have no problem. However, if there is a dispute that you may have driven into rear of him/her, then you have a huge problem.

If other driver drove away, before you got details, then you will probably have to lie to the loss of your NCB if you are claiming for your frontal damage.

Problem here. 'other car drove off before I had seatbelt off'. Does this mean that you have no details of that car? is there any proof that s/he reversed into you? Could it be said that you rear ended him/her?

No I meant that other cars who may have witnessed the accident drove off as the lights changed.

As for the individual claiming subsequently that I rear ended them...will deal with that when/if it arises,hopefully it wont but suffice to say they will regret going down that particular avenue.

How will they 'regret' doing this?

Your insurer will handle the claim and will have the final say, not you.

Has the other driver accepted that he reversed into you?

Back