Home Home Insurance, Any real value seen lately ?

Palerider

My house renewal is up for renewal shortly and I am curious to see if anybody has seen any real value lately, this is after all a large annual purchase, here are my details, I am satisfied with the building / contents figures.

Kildare urban area, a detached house, buildings €350k, contents €85k, replacement on a new for old basis i.e. no average clause.

Premium = €494.00

value depends on what is behind the policy, excess values, policy limits, wordings, exclusions etc. There are not really any like with like products in the Irish market. They generally all have different limits, excesses etc.

The worst thing you can do in home insurance is simply buy the cheapest and you can almost guarantee there is a high excess or some reason that it is the cheapest.

I agree completely and would urge all AAM'ers to do any analysis on a like for like or as near as possible when comparing as I do.
Each year I shop around and each year I move without compromising the cover or benefits I already had, I'll do the same this year and was wondering had others any recent real experience of getting quotes and what their thoughts were.

My renewal quote was €434 . . I got various better quotes but the best was Aviva @ €217, half my renewal quote.

Back