Do Bank of ireland give mortgages quicker to own customers?

television

I have been told than BOI will bend the mortgage loan conditions for their own customers. Does anyone have any experience of this? Also would it be worth saving with them now or putting in a lump sum. I am looking to buy in summer 2012.

You would think they would bend the rules for the owner of the bank (you) before their own customers...

You have a year to get everything in order, if you do it properly then you will have your choice of lenders. Save with a safe institution with the highest interest rate.

There is no loyalty in banking.

Hi Nokia, as what norfolk said there is no loyalty in banking. My husband and I have been 'loyal' customers of BOI with at least 15 years and have been turned down 3 times at this stage for 3 different reasons. I guess just get your track record of savings sorted and be able to prove rep capacity and this will go a long way for you! Best of luck

May be quicker at processing loan applications simply because they already have all the customers' details/data in house.

Absolutely not, on both fronts. Both myself and my wife were long-time customers of BOI and they took just as long as everyone else to process our application, and ultimately denied it (we were accepted with another provider). I was only too delighted to see the back of them afterwards, very happy now with AIB for business and Ulster for personal.

You would think they would bend the rules for the owner of the bank (you) before their own customers...

You have a year to get everything in order, if you do it properly then you will have your choice of lenders. Save with a safe institution with the highest interest rate.

There is no loyalty in banking.

A broker told me and I quote "there lending rules go out the window for their own customers"

Must have been spoofing I suppose.

Back