builders finish/what to offer?

ladygaga

hi...went to view house last week..its three bed semi in cork city..being sold as builders finish..kitchen is in..bathrooms fitted (not tiled obviously)stairs in...painted..and wardrobes in two rooms..back garden laid to lawn..its priced for 195k...its approx 1000sq ft

am unsure what to put in as my first offer?

Lady gaga that price sounds really expensive for the size of the house, have you had a look on daft to get a rough idea for the area of what houses are going for? Bear in mind you will need to budget roughly 10-15k depending on how well you fit it out. Most builders are jumping to get rid of houses so go in well below that price if they are sitting there a while they will be glad to get rid of them

these houses are sitting there approx 3yrs according to EA...about 6 left to sell in the development..all rest are occupied...houses in this particular estate are advertised at approx 250k-275k...but what they are actually selling for is obviously the best kept secret in the world!i was going to put in bid of 122k????

I think €122 is a fair offer, it gives plenty of "wiggle" room.
Unusual to see a bathroom fitted without being tiled first, usually done the other way round. ( irrelevant I know but it was the first thing that came into my head when I read your post)

EA didnt even entertain my offer on the phone and has never got back to me since...as i said...houses sitting there three years...and they still trying to be greedy greedy

I'm in a similiar situation, where the house was on the market for 250K and put an offer of 170k in. I was wondering do EA have to inform seller of the offer or is it up to their discretion?

thetowen,
I am in a similar position and put in a similar offer. The auctioneer never came back to me and said he would record my offer and didn't think it would be accepted. Given the current state of the house and given a lot of work needed to be done to it I thought I was making a more than fair offer.
I would also be interested to know others opinions on this.
Regards
Mike

thetowen,
I am in a similar position and put in a similar offer. The auctioneer never came back to me and said he would record my offer and didn't think it would be accepted. Given the current state of the house and given a lot of work needed to be done to it I thought I was making a more than fair offer.
I would also be interested to know others opinions on this.
Regards
Mike

Corkmike, I thought I let you know how I got on. I eventually managed to get in contact with the owners of the house I was interested in. He said the last time he was talking to the EA, the EA said "there was an offer on it but that it would not be entertained". So he did say there was an offer but didn't tell him how much it was. The house is an inheritance between a few family memebers so in my case going direct to the owners will be no help because they don't get on with each other. I still think the EA doesn't have a right to dictate what offers to give to the owner but thats just my opinion.

I thought EA's are bound by law to table all offers ??
I thought this was so but I asked a different EA and alls she said was "they weren't but that most would because it made them look like they were doing their job" Not sure if this is true or not. As in my case the EA was been smart by saying there was one but "it wouldn't be entertained".

Get the offer to the sellers direct. Put it in an envelope with a note. Give a copy to all party's if they are not in agreement. Better still give it to their solicitor and explain the EA wouldn't deliver the offer.

Glass is a very poor insulator but Comfort plus glass is another option over large glass areas instead of double glazed windows. This product came into the market about ten years ago and will help in getting your energy rating over the line by about 40% over conventional glass and you can choose from different color tones for your home.

I thought EA's are bound by law to table all offers ??

There is no regulation by Government of EA's although there will be soon. Their own code of conduct I think obliges them to communicate an offer to the vendor..

Back