Tax issue - moving credits to husband mid year

taxproblem

Hi , I'm in a lot of distress at the moment regarding my tax . My story :I finished employment on the 30th of May .two days before the 30 it I called revenue to inform them and to move my tax credits to my husband . I specifically told the lady on the phone the movement to come in effect from the first on June . Last week I was due my salary from 2nd and 3rd week in May approximately €1000 but I got paid €40 everything went on tax. I called revenue again and I was told that the tax year is from January and I was taxed from the start of the year! Well the lady on the phone didn't explained to me what is going to happen if I transfer the tax credits to my husband. Now I want to know how's fault is it? I'm mentally sick here and we had to borrow money to live . When I called the revenue they changed the credits back the way they were before as I'm due one more payment from my ex employer. Now probably I ll be taxed a lot receiving two salaries ?! Can anyone advice me here what can I do in this situation ? A swell can I get some advice by going separate tax when married because the joint one has really caused as a lot of pain . Thank you.

Last edited:
The title of your post is too vague. Please it in line with the Posting Guidelines.

Please read the before posting again on Askaboutmoney.

Responses to posts with vague or meaningless titles are removed.

If the title is not edited within a reasonable time, the post will be deleted.

Brendan
Administrator

You're husbands next pay packet will have all your tax free money in it surely ? Did you ask him has he got more than usual ?

Back