does israel get all of gaza when all the palestiains are dead and can they build hous

Sunny, I get annoyed at all those things too. Do I take sides? Not in the gung ho sense of "go for it Israel". It depresses me every time a ceasefire breaks down. It depresses me that Israel feels it has to go to these lengths to defend itself, but I am not in a position to say they are wrong to do so. Faced with similar threats I would want my government to do whatever it takes.

But, yes I do take sides. Hamas is anathema to me. The suicide bomber, Islamic fundamentalism, cheering 9/11, wishing for ethnic genocide - these are all so alien to my way of life. Israel on the other hand is trying to defend a civilised (by my standards) way of life against terrible odds.

Great post Sunny, I agree 100%.
I also agree with the Duke.
If it was easy it would have been fixed by now.

Israel claimed 400 hectares of The West Bank today and plan on building housing units for settlers...
How can they seriously ever expect peace?

Israel claimed 400 hectares of The West Bank today and plan on building housing units for settlers...
How can they seriously ever expect peace?
Israel is a democracy and its current government is conservative and militaristic (imagine if Fox News ran the country). The government is a coalition, made up of many parties. That includes the fundamentalist Zionist parties who think that once Israel has occupied the biblical holy land the rapture will happen and all that rubbish. They are the Jewish version of Hamas (if not as willing as Hamas to murder members of their own people/country/tribe who don’t conform to their extremist views).
A plague on all their houses.

they don't expect or want peace..

When you say "they" do you mean everyone in Israel or the extremist settlers?

Israel is a democracy.....

When you say "they" do you mean everyone in Israel or the extremist settlers?

I suppose that by "they" what is meant is the democratically elected Israeli government, who took this decision.

Back