Moyglare Hall OR Newtown Hall, Maynooth

M

Mattysgolfin

Hello everyone,

Absolutely new to this but really had questions to ask.

I am looking between buying a house in Moyglare Hall and Newtown Hall. The 4 bed on moyglare is 380k probably be bought for 340k @ 1255sqft

The 4 bed in Newtown is 390k/1343sqft or 410k/1467sqft (Stamp duty too) four weeks ago it was 415k and 425k respectively.

I have asked if 350k for moyglare with all apliance flooing etc complete and this has been accepted in principle.
I have just recently offered 345k for Newtown which is up at 410k and i was laughed at obviously. I am prepared to pay upto 365k.

So does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what i should do.

Anyone own any of these house or know what you think the bulider would be prepared to accept.

Obviouly im in a good position as its a buyers market, just don't want to be too cheeky.

Thanks Matthew

Re: Newtown Hall Maynooth

Which is the better location for the train station/town/uni etc. This will also have a bearing on the value of the property, not just in monetary terms.

Newtown is the better location, its closer to the motorway and town and train station.

Anyone who has put in an offer or bought one please tell me your experience

I bought in Moyglare 2 years ago and really like it. I looked at newtown but rather the big green areas and houses in Moyglare. The builders are fine were good at coming back to fix little things even back in the boom.

it depends really on whether you want to have to go through the village twice a day getting to/from work

Newtown hall is closer to the train station and motorway. In fact the train runs right at the back of the development albeit just the Mullingar ones. The motorway is also a little noisy. I prefer moyglare hall. The houses are better designed, especially if you look at the back of them. Walking to the main street is much of a muchness. As for the price I reckon they could bite your hand off in a couple of months for what they just turned down. I dealt with both estate agents and much preferred dealing with the moyglare ones - more patient and straight forward.
Good luck

Just found out that Moyglares has slashed there prices.

3 bed mid terrace 275k
3 bed semi d 295k
4 bed semi d 350k
5 bed semi d 445k
5 bed detached 495k

Becoming more competative!

Making the second hand homes in the same area look so over priced these days. When will the second hand owner realise that the market has dropped and therefore drop the prices

Re: Moyglare Hall, Maynooth

Hi

Anyone buy in moyglare recently?
Any room for negotiation....what is the current asking price?

Hi cbrac
I bought in Moyglare Hall last year and have no regrets, they are in the process of building more 3 & 4 bed semi's and the showhouses are open again on Sat & Sun 2-4pm. The prices are roughly the same as as the previous poster has mentioned, there is a bit of wiggle room about 5% on the price. PM me if you need any more info.

Moyglare def seems the nicer location and estate agents much nicer than those dealing with Newtown.
Anyone know if there is any room for the 3 bed semis in Moyglare??
There is also a nice estate in Kilcock - Ryebride which seems to be 50K cheaper than Moyglare!! Anyone have anything good or bad to say?

Hi Maguike.

Thanks for your reply. When you say the price is as per above - is that a closed case ???

Have you looked at Parklands and Rockfield too?I love them both as housing estates and the houses there.
There was a girl posting to the accomodation thread on boards saying they got a 280k offer on their house in Rockfield and in the end accepted it.
We went sale agreed buying a house in Maynooth about 10 months ago.The prices advertised are no where near what the sellers are getting.
Decide what you want to spend and stick to it. So if you see a house for 450k and you have 350k to spend go for it.
If they are looking for 450k maybe 350 is as high as you should go

I just noticed the age of this thread!How did you get on?where did you buy?

Myself and the other half made an offer of 95% on the asking price on a house in Moyglare Hall and were coldly rejected. I am curious to know how one negotiates from that position...

Just to warn you,
the water pipes going into some of the houses in Moyglare haven't been properly insulated etc so all the water pipes froze during the big freeze. An independent plumber came out to have a look and said the plumbing/pipework left alot to be desired.
Teh foreman is impossible to deal with, we have had nothing but problems with toilets etc and refuses to come out and fix it.

Thanks it's good to know. We ourselves have been renting there for the last 2 years. They were very good when there was a leak in our pipes, tended to it straight away. Since then there have been one or two niggles since then with a water pump that rattles quite a bit on occassion.

Having rented in the estate and paid ~17K in rent we were surprised at the builders inflexibilty not even to consider our proposal of 275K of a 290K asking price. I had initially thought we were being cheeky. Now, not so much.

You have 350k to spend?! A 3/4 bed in South Dublin is available at that price. Those maynooth prices seem very expensive indeed

You have 350k to spend?! A 3/4 bed in South Dublin is available at that price
What a silly statement; OP is no doubt looking to purchase in a location that is suitable for work/school/university/family etc., etc.

JamieK, that was way too much to offer for the 3bed. If I were you I'd withdraw my offer and give a WAY lower offer and leave it on the table for a few weeks. Prices are still coming down. They have not bottomed out yet. They're playing a game with you.
I'd do a bit more research before putting in any more offers like that. There are plenty more houses on sale and loads more to be built there. You wont miss the boat. Wait it out! 230k should be your bid-and theyd be lucky to get it.

Back