Things a Solicitor should be checking

BillyPiper

Hi all

Have chosen solicitor for purchase of new build. They have contracts now and wondering what things I need to make sure of for a new build ?
e.g. I have heard for a new build I need to make sure to have e.g Certificate of practical completion, and will follow up with my solicitor, but wondering is there anything else I need to ensure my solicitor checks ?

Thanks
Billy

Is the property built or to be built? Have you checked out banks websites, they have helpful guides for purchasers, or check out a solicitors website.

Hi all

Have chosen solicitor for purchase of new build. They have contracts now and wondering what things I need to make sure of for a new build ?
e.g. I have heard for a new build I need to make sure to have e.g Certificate of practical completion, and will follow up with my solicitor, but wondering is there anything else I need to ensure my solicitor checks ?

Thanks
Billy

Your solicitor KNOWS what to check, they went to college and spent years training. It's what you're paying them for. They have professional negligence insurance for which they pay through the nose and the Law Society watching every step they make. Just let them do their job.

Back