Switching Mortgage to Ulster Bank

L

lucyno

Does anybody have any experience of using Ulster Banks Switching service to change mortgage? I want to move & they pay the legal fees so, I;m just wondering if that's a good / bad idea

UB switch

in the process of switching at the moment and have been for last 2 months..!. very slow process. Once got forms filled out had a few incidents where stuff was lost and had to be re-sent, but eventually sign at a local solictor last mon. It reduces my mortgage by 100 euro a month but overall paying back same as just increasing the term..

I switched in about 6 weeks from first contact. Just got my account statement from ICS the other day; ***Account_Closed*** at the bottom made nice reading, had 31 years left with them-now have a far more competitive 20 year term paying just €50 a month more. I had ZERO hassle doing it. Had to go to the branch once and to their solicitor once. Maybe 3 phonecalls too. Made may first UB payment last week.

There was a discussion about this sometime last year - can't find the thread though.

Most of the comments were similar to npgallag's i.e. stuff getting lost in the Belfast office.

Might I just add that I brought everything they asked for when I initially met with the mortgage advisor. I had every scrap of paper they wanted. She copied everything and gave me back all my documentation there and then. She said at the time that a lot of people forget something or other and then it gets messy later on. I can only speak from personal experience however, which was all positive. I also made a point of getting the mortgage advisor's direct line (cos you know UB handle everything through a call centre in Belfast) and any time I had a query I called her and she sorted it out. I completely ignored the letter from Belfast telling me to deal with them.

Back