Affordable Housing-Process/Plans Cork County

Hi Viv,
As far as i'm aware all the houses in Castletreasure have been allocated.
Unless now any of the people offered them turn them down or something so ya never know!
I got offered a 3 bed duplex in Fort Hill so i'm delighted! :)
Are you on the waiting list long?

4 years!! Getting really fed up with this.
Congrats on Fortview. Lovely area.

Hi Viv,
As far as i'm aware all the houses in Castletreasure have been allocated.
Unless now any of the people offered them turn them down or something so ya never know!
I got offered a 3 bed duplex in Fort Hill so i'm delighted! :)
Are you on the waiting list long?

well done Rebel, sorry for that late reply, looks like you don't need the information now, I presume your accepting it???

Thanks for the congrats :)
Yeah i will almost definitely be accepting it! My viewing isn't for another 2 weeks but i love the estate and the area so i'd say i'll take it alright.
I have my mortgage sorted so as soon as i see it i can send in my acceptance and the mortgage!...can't wait now!!

Fingers crossed for you Viv, hopefully something will come up soon!
Are you in for the City Council too? They have an information evening on tomomrrow as far as i know.

I've actually bought privately in the mean time. Was waiting too long and I was on the application as a single parent but have since acquired a partner :D so I was told I'd go back to the start of the list if we applied jointly, i'd been waiting long enough as it was :(

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone else got offered affordable housing in Fort Hill, Douglas? How ye getting on? Any problems with the snag?

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything from cork county council recently?

My God, the affordable housing process takes a long time.
House is sitting empty while the council drag their heels as usual.
Trying to get them to answer the phone is impossible

Hi has anyone been offered anything lately I found out my points for ballincollig got 115 does anyone know if this is high or low.Has anyone had an interview been on the list nearly 2 years never had one but i know someone else who has been on the list since before the summer and has had one.

Seems to me that nothing is happening in the Cork County area on affordable housing. 115 points would be considered low. I have 150, have been for 3 interviews. Was offered 2 houses but didn't suit my needs. Holding out for what I want. Might be crazy but with the clawback, I don't want to take something that I will be trying to get out of in 2 years.

Guess my chances of been offered something in the near future are slim to none when my points are so low is yours for a couple or single applicant mine is single

Those points were for my single application, but I have now registered for a house my partner so I don't know where I stand point wise. I think it all comes down to what you want. There is high demand for some schemes which makes it very difficult for people even with high points to get what they want and then I know of people who weren't on the list for very long with points similar to yourself who got what they want.

hey guys its a long process alright but can be worth the wait in the end if u find a place your happy with. just wondering viv did u see the article in paper a week or 2 ago, it might be of concern to u as i saw from one of your posts u said u turned down two places. basically it said once on applicant turns down 3 offers they go back to bottom of list, u might wanna verify this with council as i,m not sure when it kicks in. i only mention it in case ur not aware of it , i turned down a couple of offers also before i accepted.

looks like castletreasure is finally moving. first few moving in at the moment.
not me though

That's good new Komori...surely you won't be too much longer so?!
I am expecting to get my keys in the next few days but i am in Fort Hill. I can't wait!!!

looks like castletreasure is finally moving. first few moving in at the moment.
not me though

Hi Komori,

You are like me waiting for Castletreasure, they are lovely houses and I can't wait to move in. I tell you it has been a very long wait, and just can't believe it has taken nearly 7 months since offered. I am just waiting on letter to say snag is completed, but that was submitted over 5 weeks ago. I now believe mine is completed but I had to get someone to make calls on my behalf, because my house was getting vandalised because of the delays and to me that was the last resort. It is such a pity these houses were left vacant for so long, and I think the people who are moving in are obviously people who by-passed the snag not a wise decision on their part, and I know now I won't be in Christmas, which at this stage I don't mind, but even if I have keys before the close for Christmas, I can start organising things.
Best of luck, hope you won't be waiting much longer

Hi Komori,

You are like me waiting for Castletreasure, they are lovely houses and I can't wait to move in. I tell you it has been a very long wait, and just can't believe it has taken nearly 7 months since offered. I am just waiting on letter to say snag is completed, but that was submitted over 5 weeks ago. I now believe mine is completed but I had to get someone to make calls on my behalf, because my house was getting vandalised because of the delays and to me that was the last resort. It is such a pity these houses were left vacant for so long, and I think the people who are moving in are obviously people who by-passed the snag not a wise decision on their part, and I know now I won't be in Christmas, which at this stage I don't mind, but even if I have keys before the close for Christmas, I can start organising things.
Best of luck, hope you won't be waiting much longer

One person i know of moved in without doing a snag, got fed up of waiting. Now way am i doing it without my engineer having a look. this week hopefully.
its shocking alright the way they were left empty so long. i had a look around a few houses and did see a bit of vandalism, (Not mine thankfully).
security company are hardly ever there.
Im hoping to be in by the end of February, sooner hopefully, thats my target.
also have to change my mortgage as things have changed massively since i got approval in the summer.
Just dying to get in now, sick of looking in the windows of my own house

One person i know of moved in without doing a snag, got fed up of waiting. Now way am i doing it without my engineer having a look. this week hopefully.
its shocking alright the way they were left empty so long. i had a look around a few houses and did see a bit of vandalism, (Not mine thankfully).
security company are hardly ever there.
Im hoping to be in by the end of February, sooner hopefully, thats my target.
also have to change my mortgage as things have changed massively since i got approval in the summer.
Just dying to get in now, sick of looking in the windows of my own house

Hi Komori,

I agree as I feel I have waited long enough another few weeks won't make much difference and not a good idea to close without completing a snag, I got the impression that is what they were hoping because of the delays that people would bypass them, as I was told they got lengthy snag lists and would only be carrying the basic snag, and were waiting to receive them in bulk so if I was you I would try and organise yours asap as you could be left waiting. I was told that if I wanted i could close and they would still have to honour my snag list, like I was going to do that. You were lucky your house was not vandalised my side gate was damaged and my shed, so it was open to vandalism. You should be in earlier than February as the council are very eager to get this money in now, I wonder why, the main reason why these houses, were on hold being allocated for so long. I also went back to my mortgage provider and asked them to review my rates and I am glad to say they are in the process of re-issuing a new loan offer with a more competitive rate in line with the current market but I to chase them, just a word of warning, not sure who you have your mortgage with but check to see when you inital loan offer elapses mine is nine months after loan offer approval. Hopefully the last hurdle will run smoothly for both of us now....

Does anyone know anything about Lios Rua in Ballyvolane or Ashmount Court in Mayfield or when the council are likely to be allocating them? I know it's probably very early days with them as I only got a letter recently asking if I was interested since I'd applied for Glanmire but they're not telling me anything over the phone. I imagine that depends who answers the phone, though, so I was wondering if anyone had heard anything?!

Back