winning prize to his/her country.

Once again on behalf of all our staff,CONGRATULATIONS!!!.This promotion
programme is sponsored by euro millions to encourage the use of
internet.

Sincerely,

Maria Jose.
(Euro Programme Cordinator)
Euro Millions

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
any advice on how i should invest all this money lol
or donate to some worthy causes

Re: seems i have won euro millions

Congratulations!!!! Wish I could be so lucky!!! Maybe if i'm lucky enough some luck will come piling through my mailbox/email/telephone....

Re: seems i have won euro millions

[broken link removed]

Thanks anya,

Im moving this to the scams section. I hope your not too dissapointed.

aj

I love this scam I feel foul of it back in college and had to applaud the guys who did it tom me when I found out. I was 17 and broke coming home from college and I was actually thinking about what scam next I could pull myslef to make a few quid ( a bit of a dell boy back then monkey " would sell his gran for a tenner " boy you could say)
This car pulled up with 3 pathetic looking bums who offered to sell me 2 latest technology mobile phones, the story was so pathetic that it had to be true: The missus had just kicked one of them out and they wanted some money to go drinking...c'mon who would make that up?!!
Any way we haggled over price cos I had no money but as it was such a deal I said I would dip into my rent and buy the phones, I got them down to a bargain 50£ !!!
They waited on the street after taking a picture of me on one of the phones to prove it worked.
I came back in 2 minutes and they put the phones into a bag right in fornt of me. The car stalled at this point and lurched forward ( queue the old switch aroo!! ) I handed over the cash and grabbed the bag and ran into the house to show the lads what I got.
I emptied the bag onto the table as the guys came in and a pile of rcks fell out!
I just had to laugh and applauded the guys. I learned a lot that day and am not one bit embarrassed about it!
If I met the guys again I would have shook their hand ! I found it hilarious.

Sludge,
I'm not familiar with this MBarara Community collection scheme but i would advise caution with any house to house clothes "collection" schemes. I'm aware of at least one scam, involving bogus collectors from N. Ireland who operate along the border counties. They collect good quality clothes for "overseas" charities. The truth is in fact, they have several second-hand clothes shops (sorry, not politically correct to call it this! sorry! I can't remember the correct phrase!), where they select the best clothes and maybe the rest is sent abroad. An easy way to stock their shop for just the price of some bin liners, a van and diesel!. I've seen collections on a monthly basis, which is a sure scam. Two or three times a year for charity is sufficient.
Often, they leave a phone number that's impossible to get through to anyone if you call it.
If in doubt and you have some unwanted articles, drop them into your nearest charity shop or St. Vincent de Paul who'll be only too delighted to get them, rather than to some con-man.

Hope this helps,

some of them so called charities now do not even leave a plastic bag ,just a flyer put in your post box asking to leave any unwanted clothes in a plastic bag and they collect on a certain day

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]The National Lottery ([email protected]) +Add contact
To: [email protected]

Subject: YOUR EMAIL HAVE JUST WON FOR YOU

THE NATIONAL LOTTERY
P O Box 287 WATFORD,
WD18 9TT
UNITED KINGDOM
(Customer Services)
PHONE: 44 700-594-7524

WINNING NOTICE FOR CATEGORY "A" WINNER

Dear Lucky Winner,
We are pleased to inform you of the result of the just concluded annual final draws of UNITED KINGDOM NATIONAL LOTTERY international Lottery programmes. The online cyber lotto draws was conducted from an exclusive list of 10,000 e-mail addresses of individual and corporate bodies picked by an advanced automated random computer search from the Internet, no tickets were sold. After this automated computer ballot, your e-mail address emerged as one of two winners in the category "A" with the following winning information:

REF No: UKNL-EGS/2251256003/02
BATCH No: 14/0017/1PD
TICKET No: 20511465463-7644
SERIAL No: S/N-00168
LUCKY No: 1 - 6 - 26 - 34 - 39 - 42 - 25 Bonus ball

You as well as the other winner are therefore to receive a cash prize of £850,000.000 Pounds (Eight Hundred and Fifty Thousand Pounds) each from the total payout. Your prize award has been insured with your e-mail address and will be transferred to you upon meeting our requirements, statutory obligations, verifications, validations and satisfactory report. To begin the claims processing of your prize winnings you are advised to contact our licensed and accredited claims agent for category "A" winners with the information below:

How much did you win?

National Lottery On-Line CLAIMS AGENT can pay prizes between £75 and £200 at their discretion upon presentation of your ticket. If they are not able to do so - and your ticket has not been validated - you can return to the same retailer when funds are available, go to another retailer,If your ticket has been validated, you must return to the same retailer when funds are available.

You can claim your prize from any designated National Lottery On-Line Post Office upon presentation of your ticket. Some National Lottery retailers can also pay out prizes up to £500.

You can claim your prize from any designated National Lottery On-Line Post Office upon presentation of your ticket. You will be required to complete a prize claim form. Prizes may be paid by cash or cheque (maximum cash payout £500).

Any amount above £50,000 must be claimed in person from a National Lottery Regional Centre or any online claims agent and will be paid by cheque. No cash is held on these premises. You will be required to complete a prize claim form and provide proof of your identity.

You are hereby advice to send us the following;

1. Your full name and address:
2. Your personal phone and fax number:
3. Your winning numbers:
4. Your Occupation and Age:
5. Your Nationality and Country:
6. Amount won:
7. Date received:
To file for your claim, please contact the processing agent,
Mr MARK WILLIAMS
Email:[email protected]

In 5 Schritten zur eigenen Homepage. Jetzt Domain sichern und gestalten!
Nur 3,99 EUR/Monat! [broken link removed]
[/FONT]

the story was so pathetic that it had to be true: The missus had just kicked one of them out and they wanted some money to go drinking...c'mon who would make that up?!!
[broken link removed]!

[broken link removed]

Heres a new twist to these scams well for me anyway they did not even have my email must be some forwarding site they have set up
Dear Friend,
I am DR SAMUEL GANI From FOREIGN EXCHANGE CONTROL
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF FINANCE NIGERIA
OUR REF: CBN/IRD/CBX/021/05
Attn: Honourable Contractor
This is for IMMEDIATE PAYMENT OF YOUR LATE Relative CONTRACT INHERITANCE #:MAV/NNPC/FGN/MIN/009.
Following the protest of the International Community, The World Bank,
IMF and the instruction by the President and Commander in Chief of the
armed forces(Chief General Olusegun Obasanjo) that all outstanding
forieghn debts especially next of kin payment should be released to the
benefeciaries forthwith unconditionally.
From the records of outstanding contractors due for payment with the
Government of Nigeria. Your late brothers name and his company was discovered as beneficiary of ,YOU ARE NOW HAVE BEEN CHOOSEN AS HIS NEXT OF KIN TO RECEIVE HIS FUND.
An outstanding contractors who have not received
their payments. I wish to inform you that his payment is being processed
and will be released to you as soon as you respond to this letter. Also
note that from the record in my file, your outstanding contract payment
is ($32.600MILLIONUSD).
Please re-confirm to me if this is inline with what you have in your
record and also re-confirm to me the followings:
Upon receiving the payment you will have reward me with 15% out of the total sum for my effort
in contacting You and assistance for Your payment.
1) Your full name.
2) Phone, Fax and Mobile #.
3) Company name, Position and Address.
4) Profession, age,sex and marital status.
5) Any kind of identification
As soon as this information are received, your payment will be made to
you in a certified bank draft or wired to your bank account directly
from bank of Nigeria or any of the sisters bank and the a copy of
transfer confirmation informations will be given to you for you to take
to your bank and confirm it.
YOURS SINCERELY,
DR SAMUEL GANI ,

how it reached me

From : samuel gani <[email protected]>Sent : Friday, March 16, 2007 5:00 AMTo : [email protected]bject : YOUR LATE RELATIVE FUND HAS FINALY BEEN RELEASE BY NIGERIA GOVERMENT

now that is not my email addy

another email scam recieved today

MR.Patrick Harrison
Equity Consultant Ltd
Head of Trustee and Depository
Institutional Fund Services.
HSBC Building, 24th Floor
8 Canada Square
London E14 5hq.

Dear Prospective Partner,

Good day. I need your services in a confidential matter regarding money
that was deposited by Late Mr Morris Thompson ,An American in a
finance firm ,the next of kin to claim the funds is needed and It will
please me if you can claim this fund as the next of kin,Kindly Visit
this site: http://www.cnn.com/2000/US/02/01/alaska.airlines.list

This requires a private/confidential arrangement.Could you perhaps
receive these funds under legal claims?. I am willing to assist you in this
transaction as well as making sure all the legal proofs of next of kin
is changed in your favour so that you will genuinely and legally
receive this fund under the capacity to file for an affidavite /probate of
claim with the finance company in London . I have all the details you
will use for this transaction .

All correspondences will be detailed and explanatory. The funds in
question are quite large US$9.6 Million. I will expect a straight answer
from you. If yes,include your telephone and fax number to put the
modalities in place for a successfull fund transfer for joint investment
in your country under your able direction and supervision.
Sincerely yours

Mr. Patrick Harrison
Equity Consultant Ltd.

I won $1M it the Euro Lottery as well according to a spam in my Hotmail Junk Mail folder this morning. The email quoted a reference number and batch number so obviously it's kosher! Whoo-hoooo! :)

Just received a letter in the post today from La Primitiva A Loteria Y Apuestas telling me that I have won €871,350.67. The letter was posted in Correos, CTA Madrid. I KNOW IT IS A SCAM. Is there any point in getting in touch with the Gardai regarding this scam.

I have an internet ad running at the moment to sell a car and got a reply today that I realised immediatly was a scam but decided to answer to see where it would go.
I have now got my second communication from him and want to know from you guys how it is that he is offering me time to clear the draft before sending on the differance. What am I missing here.
I intend to reply and give fake information. Then I will say that the draft never arrived and could they send another one. I reckon that the more trouble that I cause them the better.

Name: williams hill
Subject: payment address and trust
Date: 05/31/2007
Message: Hi Sound Good....... I'm ready to proceed with the purchase, I will instruct my irish bank to raise the BANK draft directly in your name and flavor from my account for the sum of 15,000 euro You'll allow the draft to clear for 2-3 days at your Bank. After you might have deducted your payment, the excess fund should be sent to my shipper in the UK, via westernuion money transfer. My shipper handle the shipping to Canada, he deals with Quick Time, and fast delivery. i will like to pay you 200 euro for your efforts and the westernuion money transfer charges. Pls send your full datas, so that you'll recieve the draft very soon. NAME...PHYSICAL ADDRESS...PHONE NUMBERS... Hoping to hear from you ASAP, shipper will come for pickup at your address. Danny brown Good day payment will cleared into your account before you release the car to the shipper.......

I can't see that, as I will have a large portion of their money and they have a car that they have no use for.

Identity theft ?

Either that or once you give him your bank account details he can transfer money out ? or maybe as the con progresses the conditions will change ?
Or something will happen with the draft and the shipper will appear looking to pick it up before the draft has cleared ?

They're exploiting the processes of the Irish banking system. A bank draft can initially be lodged to an account and appear as cleared funds within 2 to 3 days - however, forged bank drafts can take up to 2 months or more to be discovered even within the banking system. The scammer is betting that the bank won't notify you until after you pay out the money.

The only way to be certain that the draft is 100% genuine is to go to the branch that issued it and ask them to check the draft number against their copy / records and then to get them to check that a draft with the same number hasn't already been cashed.

They're exploiting the processes of the Irish banking system. A bank draft can initially be lodged to an account and appear as cleared funds within 2 to 3 days - however, forged bank drafts can take up to 2 months or more to be discovered even within the banking system. The scammer is betting that the bank won't notify you until after you pay out the money.

The only way to be certain that the draft is 100% genuine is to go to the branch that issued it and ask them to check the draft number against their copy / records and then to get them to check that a draft with the same number hasn't already been cashed.
I was suspecting something like this but found it hard to believe that it would take them that long to check it.
I am going ahead and giving them a fake name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back