carpet cleaning

joanmul

Has anyone got carpets cleaned in the Dun Laoghaire area and would you recommend someone?

Can't give a recommendation as I did them myself with Rug Doctor from B&Q and found it very good.

I have heard people complain about the strong smell left after professionals had used chemicals to clean the carpets in their houses. Carpets were cleaned once in work and the smell was absolutely disgusting but this was a long time ago. They may have improved since then.

This older thread might give some advice.

Did you have serious stains like mildew? I did see that thread about the Rug Doctor but thought the professionals would have better results. Wouldn't like that smell though, but as you say, every year there's improvement.

Used the Rug Dr. form woddies. very happy with the results.. The room was a little damp after so I would do it on a sunny day so you can leave the windows open during and after.

Did you have serious stains like mildew? I did see that thread about the Rug Doctor but thought the professionals would have better results. Wouldn't like that smell though, but as you say, every year there's improvement.

Hi Joan,

We didn't have mildew stains. I have always found that type of thing impossible to remove and it returns very quickly also even if the slightest improvement has been achieved. Would imagine that professional help would be needed. Have you also tackled the cause of the problem to ensure that you are not wasting your time cleaning and for it to come back again?

Back