Chinese language classes for children

fraggle

I was thinking of sending my kids to learn Chinese!

I'm looking for somewhere/someone in North Co. Dublin who could do it in a child friendly manner, i.e. through the medium of games/play etc as I'm sure it's slightly different from learning Irish :)

Any tips?

Get someone in to do the ironing once a week and get two services for the price of one!

I recently spent a year working in Suzhou, near Shanghai and my wife and kids came with me...I now have partly bilingual 2 and 3 year olds from watching chinese cartoons and pirate DVDs!

I spent 2 years of my younger life in Paris and was very capable on leaving. It's the interaction that makes you learn. I don't see how the kids would learn much from watching TV TBH...

A few years ago the Chinese gospel church of Dublin used to give free classes to children on a saturday morning in Dublin. Don't know if they still do

[broken link removed]

I think the interaction would have to be ongoing for the classes to be valuable. If you don't keep up some Chinese interaction, the kids will forget the language very quickly.

My son is now keen to learn. I think I will consider using some software first as a gentle introduction and see what that leads to.

I still have not found any child specific classes but I suspect if I actually go an ask one or two Chinese people they might be able to point me in the right direction!

Back