London: Return flight for same day... Bad idea?

Don't be so sure you can't afford to stay. I went a couple of christmases ago, stayed in a very basic hotel and was only £40 for a twin room for the night. Now don't get me wrong, the room was basic at its lowest level, but did the job for just a night. was only 10 minutes walk from a main tube station too. I booked through lastminute.com. You didn't say how many people would be travelling, but just did a quick search on last minute for a random date in january and single occupancy starts at £30 sterling. There's also late rooms you could check out too. It just seems a pity to go all that way for only one day...

Don't be so sure you can't afford to stay. I went a couple of christmases ago, stayed in a very basic hotel and was only £40 for a twin room for the night. Now don't get me wrong, the room was basic at its lowest level, but did the job for just a night. was only 10 minutes walk from a main tube station too. I booked through lastminute.com. You didn't say how many people would be travelling, but just did a quick search on last minute for a random date in january and single occupancy starts at £30 sterling. There's also late rooms you could check out too. It just seems a pity to go all that way for only one day...

sussex gardens has loads of this type of accomodation, a lot want you to pick 2 instead of 1 nights

or hostel below

But if happy with 1 day you could get a lot in say land between 8-9.30 in city centre by 10.30 at latest and leave city centre 5.30 or 6/7 for airport

Hi we have booked the flights to stansted so what is best way of transport to london... tube does not go directly i dont think

First of all book the tickets for Madame tussaud as I passed it the other day and the queues there both end were about a mile so be prepared to queue for a long time to get in.

When you get to baker street station you are next to Madame tussaud. I do not think it is worth it for a day trip to London why not stay a couple of days and enjoy some more of London. Or are you getting a special offer for a return day trip?

Get the Stansted express to london Liverpool street and you can pick up a bus from there to Baker Street it is not far from Liverpool street, or you can get a tube to baker street, it is only 2.20 each for a single bus fare to Baker Street, but if you got to change then it is better to get a bus pass that you can used on tube and train.

Enjoy your time in London

Really?? god i didnt think there would be queues!! I will def book it so...
I got the day return tickets as a Christmas present. We can't stay over night for personal reasons but im happy enough that the it will be nice to just go over for the day anyways :)

Really there is always a lot of queues there and I would really recommend booking and looking into it first do not just turn up and expect to get in unless you got lots of time to spare.

Hi we have booked the flights to stansted so what is best way of transport to london... tube does not go directly i dont think

The website below is a good link for working out how to get around by Tube or train. The closest tube station to Madame tussaud is Baker Street if I remember correctly. I think its about a 2 min walk

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/

You could get a coach from Stansted which takes about an hrs and a bit into London some coaches drops off at baker street however, it would on the time of day, as if it is in a busy time in the morning then you will be delayed with traffic. It is an option to consider.

Also this is the link for Madame tussaud if you want to book

[broken link removed]

Look up also coaches from Stansted coach as there are many that goes to London and that bit cheaper. National express do coaches as well as other companies but National express trains are the only trains going from Stansted to London Liverpool street.

This lot are worth looking at - [broken link removed]

The further in advance you book, the cheaper it is.

Let me know if you are able to book a £2 fare, I have been trying for over 2 years and not been able to get one of these fares. I go from London to Stansted and I used the national express because I could never get one of these fares. Also the buses is very small compared to other coaches from Stanstead to London. If you book 2 weeks in advance with National Express you will get a much cheaper fare also if you book on line as well. Standsted has lots of coaches waiting for passagners to take to London and other parts of UK.

Best of luck and let me know I you get a £2 fare on easybus.

Not sure if that will come up as an image

But I just plugged in 8th May as a random date and can get GBP2 fares each way.

Sun 08-May-11 10:40 Stansted Airport Sun 08-May-11 12:05 Baker Street nr UG EB2 1 GBP 2.00 Sun 08-May-11 23:30 Gloucester Place(BakerSt) Mon 09-May-11 00:45 Stansted Airport EB2 1 GBP 2.00

That is very good, obviolusly, I am not booking far enough in advance for the £2 fare, I normally book 2 weeks in advance.

Easy bus stops near Madame tussaud, enjoy you day there.

Thanks for getting back with info.

2 for 1 offer on Madame Tussauds if you travel by train on the daysoutguide guide website.

Cant post a link. but it comes up of you google "two for one rail offers"

Need to pre-book online

Back