Vw GOLF FSI and TDI

asharma

Whats difference between Golf fsi 1.6 and Gold tdi 1.9, expect obvious petrol/diesel difference and which one is better both are 2007 with fsi on 50K and Tdi on 80K mileage for about same price range.
Which one is a better model TDI is it?

go for tdi. friend of mine has passat fsi 1.4 petrol. guzzles petrol. if you could stretch to 08 diesel you get cheap road tax.

TDi injectors may need to be renewed soon - Passats used to have this cost factor when considering older diesels, also check timing belt renewal.

1.6 may drink a bit, I looked at the 7-speed 1.4 TSI, 122Brake and DSG - looked very fast, frugal and had very low tax.
We use our 2000-reg 1.4l Golf for family trips within Ireland and abroad. Cruises all day at 70-80 no bother and 40mpg.
The new 1.4l TSI DSG is supposed to be the business, but as with any car look at the residuals and resale.
Potential issues are complexity (turbo AND supercharger) and new tech (DSG).

I haven't followed up with this inquiry recently (recession woes) but I'd still take a long look at the TSI.
50K is nothing for a well-maintained petrol Golf in my experience. Service, oil changes and timing belt all have to be done though.
That having been said, the Diesels are reliable cars - providing they get maintenance. 80K is a long time if they've been neglected and thrashed from cold.

ONQ.

Thanks for your response.
Bought 2006 1.6FSI sports model ,car is very clean and drives like a dream, it has 75K miles on it.
Timing belt is not done but I checked the manual and it says in this model needs to be done at 100k miles so be it but car is an absolute gem really happy with the find.

Back