Conor Cunningham ... hero?

....caper..escapade.

spot on, it was a harmless escapade/caper.

Not that it needs explaining, but his alternative options were to pay €600 to a tout or watch the game on TV. I can't see who is worse off by his escapades, other than the extortionate tout (which for me is a worse moral crime).

The irish team kicked a bag of footballs into the stands on tuesday - Would walking away with one of those (rather than handing it in to the FAI) also be morally reprehensible?

Just as an example of a law most people break, If I drift to 35kph in a 30 kph zone and not get caught, do I say nothing or notify the Gardai in order to pay my fine and get the points? Is doing nothing morally wrong in this situation?

The irish team kicked a bag of footballs into the stands on tuesday - Would walking away with one of those (rather than handing it in to the FAI) also be morally reprehensible?

Not at all. They were given rather than stolen.

Just as an example of a law most people break, If I drift to 35kph in a 30 kph zone and not get caught, do I say nothing or notify the Gardai in order to pay my fine and get the points? Is doing nothing morally wrong in this situation?

That's a ridiculous, exaggerated comment purely intended to give your disagreement credibility.

Back