Phone Card in New York

KatieC

Hi,

Can anyone please advise the best prepaid phone card to use for calls from new york to ireland and where to purchase them?

Trip is 08 - 12 May so any tips about what to go and see then would be appreciated also.

Thanks

Aer Lingus sell them on board on the way over (five euro or ten euro ones if mmemory serves me well). We bought a ten euro one and made about seven calls to home. Still credit left I think.

There are cards you can get in convenience stores in New York that give you over an hour for $10. Loads of different brands - just ask the guys in the shops. Cost per minute is next to nothing - main cost is the connection fee. Therefore not much good if you make lots of short calls but great for the long weepy calls home to the family.

Buy time out when you arrive - they have listings for everything that's going on on the city from museums to gigs. Includes some tourist stuff also.

My sister travels to the US a few times a year and always buys one of THESE cards. She has tried a few different kinds but finds that company is the best

i used them i usa,but be sure you do not use it in your hotel room as you will be charged at hotel rates and they sure are steep

Back