Cost for Replacing Sliding Aluminium Porch Doors

LM26

Hi,

Has anyone replaced sliding aluminium front porch doors with either the same in double glazed uPVC sliders or with uPVC french patio doors (single door with side panels or double doors)? Got a quote of €2,500 to replace with the latter (single or double doors) and wondering if this is the going rate. Will organise another quote but would appreciate any info if anyone here has done something similar.

Thanks!

Should be around 2K............be sure and buy of someone who WILL come back to fix a small problem without being Dragged back........talk to customers who have experience with the vendor.

I got a sliding patio door about 2 years ago for I think, 1750. I could have gotten french doors cheaper at the time, but they didnt suit me

Should be around 2K............be sure and buy of someone who WILL come back to fix a small problem without being Dragged back........talk to customers who have experience with the vendor.

Are yourself and LM26 neighbours or do you live in identical houses? :)

The reason I ask is that I am intrigued to know how you can possibly cost the door without having any idea of the size of it or the ope., never mind what shapes may be involved.

For example, my porch is 14ft wide and 9ft high, with offset arch, but my parents porch is 9ft wide and 7ft high standard rectangle.

A massive difference is price between both porch doors/panels !!

No, had lots of quotes, Approx. 10ft wide, 9ft high, 3 panels (2 large Panels +1 small with letterbox)
Went with Composite Door and Side panels, Triple Glazed instead as part of a bigger purchase.

No, had lots of quotes, Approx. 10ft wide, 9ft high, 3 panels (2 large Panels +1 small with letterbox)
Went with Composite Door and Side panels, Triple Glazed instead as part of a bigger purchase.

Not disputing that at all Monagt, what I am wondering is how you could possibly say,

Originally Posted by monagt
Should be around 2K..........
when LM26 didn't even give any dimensions??

when LM26 didn't even give any dimensions??

Aw This post will be deleted if not edited immediately, was a ball park, assumed a standard spec build house, and any bigger means some more glass and PVC, it does not add on a lot in overall % terms.

Main message is "get quotes" and use a recommended supplier as more cowboys are doing this than live in Texas.

Aw This post will be deleted if not edited immediately, was a ball park, assumed a standard spec build house, and any bigger means some more glass and PVC, it does not add on a lot in overall % terms.

Main message is "get quotes" and use a recommended supplier as more cowboys are doing this than live in Texas.

LM26's OP is like "How much is a similar car these days?" and I wouldn't attempt to answer that as we don't know what it is meant to be similar to I don't think there is any such thing as a "standard" car, not to mention a standard porch... :)
Just not enough info to be even guessing.

Some "ball park" all the same, mine was a hell of a lot more than 2K and that was getting it from a mate I know well for over 40 years!

Couldn't agree more with your advice on getting loads of quotes though, I did and hence I know that my mate was less than half of the cheapest quote I got.

Some "ball park" all the same, mine was a hell of a lot more than 2K and that was getting it from a mate I know well for over 40 years!

I hope, not too much over, maybe you have lots of little windows.

Hi thanks for replies. Dimensions would have been helpful allright!!

It's 7ft 11 inches wide x 8ft 4 inches high. There is a glass panel above the existing slider doors.

I got a sliding patio door about 2 years ago for I think, 1750. I could have gotten french doors cheaper at the time, but they didnt suit me

Hi, did you need a glass panel above the doors JohnJay?
Did you get existing doors removed and disposed of?
Thanks!

Yes I had hoped not to have to go above €2k. Thanks for your reply, I'll organise another few quotes!

LM26's OP is like "How much is a similar car these days?" and I wouldn't attempt to answer that as we don't know what it is meant to be similar to I don't think there is any such thing as a "standard" car, not to mention a standard porch... :)
Just not enough info to be even guessing.

Couldn't agree more with your advice on getting loads of quotes though, I did and hence I know that my mate was less than half of the cheapest quote I got.

Yes I need to organise more quotes and check out their track record somehow as I want quality as well as value. Thanks for replies.

Got sliding patio door for porch, pvc double glazed white, 300euro on donedeal...fitted it ourself...

People people people.........................dont throw away your old porch front door,windows or sliding doors.

They worth money and can be sold off on the likes of Donedeal and Adverts.ie to mention but a few trading websites.

You will also get a Profile Developments Palladio Thermal Composite door supplied and fitted these days for around 950 euro.So if someone tries to tell you that its gonna cost you 1400 or 1500 euro for the door then they are ripping you off.

Back