One tyre wearing on one side

Bigmc

Hi all,

has anyone come across 1 tyre wearing on the outside? (passingers side) would this be the tracking out of line? I tought if it was the tracking both tyres would be wearing?

no noise out of wheel to suggest bearing gone & there is no pull at all on the stearing wheel

no viberation & no pull on wheel at all. it feels perfect when driving but wearing badly

sounds like the wheel alignment. you need to go to a tyre place to get it sorted. shop around as they all vary in pricing. if you get your tyres from the one place all of the time, they should do it for free.

I had a swingarm replaced on an SUV a couple of years ago, the tech messed up and reinstalled the wheel hub slightly toed in. I didn't notice anything in how the car handled, but I parked one day with the steering turned, and was shocked to see the inside 2 inches of the road contact surface was warn to the threads. It only took about 2 weeks to get to that state.

replace the tire immediately, and check the allignment.

Tracking most likely. This can go "out" if the car has had a hard time with potholes or kerbs or if it has had certain front suspension parts replaced. Make a judgement re tyre, I think the law goes something like 2mm across 75% of surface.

Victory Tyres in Limerick do a good job and charge €25. No affiliation.

Last edited:
Back