Has the Green Jersey Agenda ruined it for all Irish banks?

Afuera

Pretty damning details of the inner workings of Irish banking. How can faith be restored in the system after this?
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/ireland/article5733823.ece

Does anyone think throwing the 10 "golden circle" members, Neary, Hurley, FitzPatrick et al in jail for their manipulation of the stock market will help restore confidence or is it really just "game over" at this stage? By that, I mean that we won't have a single Irish bank in the near future. In other words, banking in Ireland will be provided by Dutch, Spanish, UK or others.

Well I certainly now wouldn't trust an Irish bank enough to ever buy shares in one. I doubt any foreign investor would either. It's pretty much game over at this stage. What haven't we heard yet?

Maybe in a few years another Irish bank can be created.

I dont trust anyone -Banks,Politicians,Business'es,Union's - Society meltdown after economy meltdown.

But right now , the following are not providing personal loan services :

1. Tesco
2. GE Money
3. MBNA

The timesonline article makes frightening reading. If fraud has been comitted, whether by the top echelon or the bottom, then the perpetrators should be punished. Monetary fines may mean little to the well shod, so the levelling process should be 'chokey'. And their mobile phones should be confiscated. I remember reading of a well known politician being allowed to keep his mobiles while in jail. It read like something out of a mafia clip. A cell should be punishment not an office.

I was told by a stock broker in a major Irish firm that I "would be off my f-ing rocker" to buy Irish shares as it was all done on nods and winks and unless I was one of the ones getting the inside track I'd get burned.

There's no confidence in the Irish banking system at the moment. The money thrown to them by the government will just help them clean up their bad debts because of their reckless risk taking and fraudlent practices. Eventually these banks will go to the wall and billions of our money will have been squandered. What needs to happen is for new banks to be created from the ground up afresh. It will be painfull but eventually it's going to happen.

Even before the credit crunch, Irish banking, or banking belonging to any country had no future.

Globalisation will eventually lead to multinational banks operating all over the world.

Back