Duty Free cheaper in LHR ?

pjq

I'm flying to New York via LHR , want to get a gift of Irish Whisky in Duty Free , is LHR cheaper?
pjq

I don't think it is particularly cheaper, the handy thing though is that you won't have to traipse Heathrow lugging a bottle from Ireland and then have the discussion about quantity if liquids and sealed bags (if you buy it in Dublin be su to tell them you are connecting to America so that they bag it properly, otherwise it will be confiscated at security in Heathrow).

I don't think there's much if any cost saving .. but as so-crates observes you're better off purchasing before boarding your last flight (e.g. at LHR) since it avoids any potential issues with liquids and security

Also in I think all the terminals at LHR they've got a dedicated Whiskey store .. or should that be Whisky store as they mostly sell Scotch ! .. this has a selection of Irish Whiskey as good if not better than that which you'll find in the Duty Free in Dublin Airport ..

So basically just buy it at Heathrow .. you won't save much if anything .. but you will save lots of hassle and you won't have problem with choice either.

I have found that there is very little difference between the Duty Free in Dublin and UK airports so for convenience it is probably better to wait until you get to London.

Back