Paid for Goods Online - Goods Not Received and No Explanation

bugler

I ordered and was charged for a Blu Ray disc on 27 October 2009, paying via Mastercard. I received an estimated dispatch time of November 4 2009. This was the last contact I received from the vendor, you do receive another email upon confirmation of dispatch apparently. I have ordered from the site previously without any major hitch, as have many others.

I have emailed customer services of the vendor on 3 separate occasions, via three different emails (once through an online form on their site, once to the email address I received an order confirmation email from, and once from a standard email address for customer service on their site). At this point it is fair to say I'm being ignored and I have little interest in attempting contacting the vendor again.

What are my options? My preferred solution, if possible, is to claim via the credit card claiming non-receipt of the goods I paid for. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

most sites I order from only charge when the item is actually dispatched, does the site itself not have a section 'your order'? does this state that the item actually shipped?
which site is it?

BangCD.com.

The order status is "Awaiting Shipment". I've no idea if that means they're awaiting it or I am. Regardless, there are no issues with supply of the product, it's freely available elsewhere.

I would take "Awaiting Shipment" as meaning it is still not despatched from their end. Perhaps they have supply issues with the movie distributor, ie haven't paid their bills hence don't have a product that is freely available elsewhere, as you state.

Given their shambolic customer service, I would say claim on your card and keep your eye on the business section of your chosen news journal to await confirmation of another retailer "in difficulties".

Even if they are in perfect financial health, punish their poor service by claiming and taking your business elsewhere.

Last edited:
Back