Sky+HD

Z

z104

Signed up by phone and they gave all the channels free for the first month and the HD box for free.

Just pay for installation of 30 euro

Not bad

Yeah but then they will be charging you for all the channels and they €15 on top of that for the HD box should have just got the sky plus box.

Agree with thombom, really no difference in hd, especially for an extra €15 than you would normally for sky+. That's €180 a year just for more pixels on the screen which you can live without!!

Signed up by phone and they gave all the channels free for the first month and the HD box for free.

Just pay for installation of 30 euro

Not bad

But if you want to retain HD Movies and Sports (including ESPN) then it will start to cost you €92/ month.

Agree with thombom, really no difference in hd, especially for an extra €15 than you would normally for sky+. That's €180 a year just for more pixels on the screen which you can live without!!

Once you start watching HD content, then the "regular" Standard Definition TV broadcasts start to look noticeably inferior in comparison....I mean the images are not as sharp or vibrant and don't have the same punch. This is especially true for larger LCD or Plasma panels. I have a HD subscription and watch mainly sports but the picture quality is magnificent and way superior to the regular stuff. Problem is it costs a lot, but you do get quality in return.

Once you start watching HD content, then the "regular" Standard Definition TV broadcasts start to look noticeably inferior in comparison....I mean the images are not as sharp or vibrant and don't have the same punch. This is especially true for larger LCD or Plasma panels. I have a HD subscription and watch mainly sports but the picture quality is magnificent and way superior to the regular stuff. Problem is it costs a lot, but you do get quality in return.

The differnce between blu ray dvd and regular dvd is also amazing.

But if you want to retain HD Movies and Sports (including ESPN) then it will start to cost you €92/ month.

The full sky package and HD is €88 per month now.All channells.

The basic HD package is €37.
€22 for Sky and €15 for HD packper month

SUBSCRIPTIONS
Monthly Sky TV Subscription: TV Packs Variety Pack
Knowledge Pack
Music Pack
News & Events Pack
Style & Culture Pack
Children's Pack
Sky Sports 1
Sky Sports 2
Sky Movies 1
Sky Movies 2
HD PackMONTHLY COST Monthly Channel Subscription : €73.00Sky+ subscription is free for all Sky+/Sky+HD subscribers.HD Pack : €15.00Sky+ Subscription : FREETOTAL CHANNEL SUBSCRIPTION FOR YOUR FIRST MONTH : FREETOTAL ONGOING MONTHLY COST : €88.00

I'm not sure if I agree the difference between SD and HD is really that noticeable. VHS to DVD was a big improvement but SD to HD doesn't really do anything for me.

Looking at it on a 42" plasma, the difference is negligible and certainly does not have any effect on the enjoyment of the viewing.

THe surround sound is good though if you have a sound system.

At the end of the day, if you don't have it you won't miss it.

I wish I could agree you there! I find HD content to be vastly superior myself.

Would have to agree as I think the HD is a vast improvement on the SD..espically watchin soccer..have a 47" tosh full HD and with Sky Sports HD its great for the matches.

If your HD viewing isn't noticably better, your TV is the issue. Well, that or your eyesight ;)

Would have to agree as I think the HD is a vast improvement on the SD..espically watchin soccer..have a 47" tosh full HD and with Sky Sports HD its great for the matches.

+ 1, especially noticeable when flicking between European games on HD and RTE.

Looks like it is just me who doesn't see the value of HD then :).
TV is 1080p and I can notice a difference but not so much that I care.

I guess everyone should check it out for themselves first if they can before committing.

Dubrov I have to agree with you. Got a new 32" tv lately and cannot see the difference either. My other half said there was a great difference but when I tested him out on a few different channels he did'nt get it right!

Dubrov I have to agree with you. Got a new 32" tv lately and cannot see the difference either. My other half said there was a great difference but when I tested him out on a few different channels he did'nt get it right!

You'll need to be sitting within 6' or so of a 32" to benefit from HD.

There are plenty of guides online as to screen size and optimal distances for each resolution. Chances are, with the typical living room arrangement most people sit too far from their screens to make HD a worthwhile investment.

A good way to describe the difference between SD and HD for people who ever wore glasses is as follows.

If you wore your glasses for a couple of years they kind of get a bit dull. This is SD.

When you go to the opticians and buy a new pair of glasses then wow, The difference in clarity between the new glasses and old glasses is huge.

The image is just sharper

That's the way I see it anyway :)

Back