How much does it cost to run Askaboutmoney?

Marion

Brendan,

Would it be possible to get a rough estimate of the costs involved in running the site? We moved server recently to ensure a better quality service so that obviously is an expense.

This would be useful in light of Sueellen's banner requesting donations to help defray the running costs of Askaboutmoney.

(The link to make a donation, for those who may not be aware, is at the bottom of the page).

Marion

Hi Marion

The monthly cost of the new service is

Hosting £80
management £40
off site back up £9
Total £129
VAt £25.80
Total £154 sterling
Total in euro €180
Per annum - €2160

There are some other costs e.g. buying new software licenses or paying for one off work e.g. if we want to do a mobile version, so in total around €2,500 per year.

Brendan

Hi Marion

The monthly cost of the new service is

Hosting £80
management £40
off site back up £9
Total £129
VAt £25.80
Total £154 sterling
Total in euro €180
Per annum - €2160

There are some other costs e.g. buying new software licenses or paying for one off work e.g. if we want to do a mobile version, so in total around €2,500 per year.

Brendan

Hi Brendan,
do you mind if i ask,
what board software are you running askaboutmoney on?

Is Paypal the only way to donate? I started to put in my credit card details, but didn't like Paypal's anti-privacy policy.

Hi Gervan

Good point. I have updated the notice as follows:

If you don't like PayPal, or if you want to avoid having your donation reduced by commission, you can transfer money directly into the following account
Brendan Burgess
AIB 52 Upper Baggot Street
Sort code 931063
Account number 35797273

appeal

Hi All,

Contribution made, happy to help, have gotten many many times the value of my contribution from this site,

Westgolf

my little bit is now in the pot :)

if all goes well and it goes over the amount required , where will the money go , any chance of an app ??

And at the risk of seeming very annoying, could you please post (or PM me) the IBAN and BIC codes for that account? Very happy to make a donation to keep AAM going as the excellent resource it is. If I hadn't found it I'm really not sure I would now be looking at my last few months of debt. It has been a very long journey but every journey has to start somewhere and there are few better places than here to do so.

Back