Easy money or con - Elearnexpress.com

B

Brendan1

Hi,
I am delighted to find such a usefull irish based web site,
congratulations to all involved.
My question involves a new company that i have come aware of today which claimes to be able to provide me with an education in a course of my choice from their list for a small payment which will of course be paid back to me in full after a short period, all i have to do is sell this to as many people as possible although they claim to be able to pay back even if i dont sell courses for them.

Of course this sounds to good to be true but i would like to here other opinions.

:$

Title edited by RainyDay

Re: Easy money or con

Hi Brendan1

Welcome to AAM. If it sounds too good to be true, it more than likely is!

Read the small print carefully!

Marion :hat

It's pyramid selling (which I understand is illegal).

Hi Rainyday,
These people have had a recent public meeting at athlone and have a base office in northern Ireland which seems to suggest that they are on the level.

:rollin

Consider how these people are making money out of this venture. They will make money!

In effect, you are becoming a sales person for them. As rainyday suggests above, it's pyramid selling.

If you want to do a course, try the open university.

Re: .

Hi again,
The companys name is ElearnExpress i had not mentioned it before so to avoid advertising for them.

Have a look for yourselves.
This link will find their site.

www.elearnexpress.com/term.htm#

:shamrock

The Pharohs might like it

Yep - It' has all the hallmarks of a classic pyramid selling operation. The company address doesn't exactly appear to be a major office block "30 Derrylettif Road, Portadown", more likely some guys back bedroom in a rented house! The doesn't show any named individuals. The sales model is clearly pyramidical in shape. They state that "company is a verified International account holder with
Pay-Pal ( E-Bay) who has over 20 million customers worldwide and holds over 50 Million Dollars in funds at all times." EBay & Pay-pal are not the same company! Registering with Pay-Pal takes about five minutes + a delay for your next credit card statement - not exactly a rigourous verification process. I can't see any relevance of the number of customers or value of funds at Pay-Pal to this operation.

They tell us that the 'marketing plas has been designed by one of the world's top Mathematicians from Europe' as if this is supposed to reassure us. Anyone who has spent more than 3 months in any real business would know that Marketeers write marketing plans, not mathematicians. The idea of a marketing plan written by mathematicians is quite terrifying.

Handle with care.

Oooh I feel all dirty now just having looked at their website. Must run a virus checker now.

Re: The Pharohs might like it

Thanks all for your comments especially rainyday for the time taken to check out the company.
It has helped me to understand the nature of these get rich schemes that can look so good at a meeting or on a glossy web site.
I hope this post will help others who come across such,to think twice before diving in, in the hope of handy money.

rainyday i hope you destroyed all evidence that you were lurking around on such a web site.

Thanks again.
Brendan

elearnexpress

This is for real, it is not pyramid selling you do get your money back plus 35 dollars for doing nothing!! due to people joining both for the marketing plan and the product. The product elearning is one of the big futures of the internet whether you buy into this or not. If you want to earn more than your money back, get three people you want to learn or want to earn. These 3 have to do nothing further for you to earn more!!. It's built on incentive. Everything new gets mocked and told it won't work but in spite of prejudice I believe this is the future both in terms of marketing a product and earning a living in the western world as traditional industry is migrating east. Technology is here to stay so keep your minds open!!!

Re: elearnexpress

Whatever else about it, it is a pyramid selling scheme as explained on their own site - see . Anybody with any cop on will steer clear of such schemes notwithstanding the possibility of early adopters making some money before the scheme yields to the inevitability of statistics and comes crumbling down (e.g. Women Empowering Women, Albanian pyramid savings scheme and many other schemes throughout the years).

"If you want to earn more than your money back, get three people you want to learn or want to earn. These 3 have to do nothing further for you to earn more!!."

Yeah yeah heard it all before. And these three don't have to do anything to get their money back but get three more. Guess what Einstein? After a while, you run out of people wanting to prop up the bottom and the scheme collapses. But of course those at or near the top of the pyramid scam don't care about those near the bottom because they've got their money.

"Everything new gets mocked"

If you think this is new, you obviously haven't done any research. Charles Ponzi set up a similar scam in the 1920s. He may or may not have invented the idea. The "product" is different, the scam is the same.

"Technology is here to stay so keep your minds open"

Of course technology is here to stay, but unfortunately so it seems are con artists wanting to use a legitimate front (such as e-learning) for an old con.

liam,
I don't really like the Einstein jibe i am just trying to argue the other side, i don't claim to be einstein

1. This is a product where there is a huge market, its consumable ie. you have to resubscribe every year. So if you're the last guy in and you think you've lost your investment of 340 dollars as no new people but everybody has to resubscribe and these people come in behind you.

Affliate marketing is one of the most ethical ways of doing business, you get out what you put in, if you want to sign up 100 you get rewarded for that, if you want to sign up 5 for you get 20 times less fair enough. If you don't want to sign up anybody you get your product. Did any of you look at this product? At the moment I am doing my ECDL and I find it class?

Most people live their lives in a pyramid, working 40 hrs a week for 40 years to make someone above them money and they accept this, which is their choice.

In this case it's 340 dollars you have to part with and the potential returns are enormous, if you don't want to join fair enough but enough of the negativity and latent anger its not good for the soul!!

Andy

Re: reply

Hi Andy - I guess part of Liam's frustration arises from the fact that we had plenty of posters extolling the virtues of the 'Women empowering Women' scheme here on AAM last year - until, of course, the pyramid collapsed and people lost money.

The fundamental nature of this scheme is pyramid marketing - It is going to collapse - It's a matter of 'when', not 'if'.

You just might manage to make money if your timing is right - but more people will lose money than will make money.

Yes - by all means go ahead yourself if you want but please don't use AAM as a platform for proselytising for such schemes - or if you do don't expect people not to point out the obvious flaws inherent in such schemes. Just to reiterate (as seems necessary when it comes to schemes such as this) I personally would advise people to steer well clear of this sort of thing - and I'm not alone in that view.

no problem, just stumbled on here by accident, good site will come back!!

Andy is spot on. The rest of ye make me laugh. Elearnexpress is easily the best investment anyone could ever make.

Too good to be true – I don’t think so. Tell me this – is every business that does affiliate marketing a pyramid scheme? If that’s the case, there’s thousands of businesses worldwide marketing illegally. What about the likes of Kleeneze, Cinergi etc? Similar style of marketing to Elearnexpress and all are perfectly legal and ethical.

And Andy is perfectly correct in stating that most people work in a pyramid structure – the irony of it all!

Will it collapse? Pyramids will but Elearnexpress won’t. Maybe when the world is hit by a giant asteroid!

Andy - I have found that enthusiastic supporters of pyramid schemes fall into two categories - (1) those who haven't understood the concept that people further up the pyramid make money, but people who are at the bottom when it collapses lose money and (2) those who do understand the concept and want to make money without caring that lots of people further down will lose money when the pyramid collapses.

If you don't fall into category (2), then I apologise for the Einstein jibe.

To yourself and Elearner - there's a huge difference in structure between an affiliate program and a pyramid scheme.

Also - working as an employee does not mean you're in a pyramid. If I employ 10 people, with 5 sales staff and 5 administrators, this is not a pyramid. It only becomes a pyramid if I start to make my sales staff's income conditional on them recruiting more sales staff.

Liam, an employee works in a pyramid structure where his efforts are rewarding those at the top. And this applies to virtually every company and organisation.

Despite what ye think, Elearnexpress is an affiliate programme, not a pyramid scheme.

And if you want to know more about this fantastic company – there is a conference on in the [Advert removed by RainyDay] People are flying in from Australia, USA and Europe to be at this. Will be great to see all ye sceptics there!

Back