Life as an accountant

Hi Winnie

Our official hours are 9 to 5.30 and I'm usually gone by 5.45. At month end...with 5 day post month end reporting deadlines...6.30 is the latest I'd stay, for two maybe three days.

I work in industry as FC for a multi-national company. The FD & MD are very much in favour of the work/life balance

willing to settle for less money and prospects
and while the prospects aren't so great in that the FD is only a few years older than me and not likely to move on anytime soon..the salary is great!

I was just about to post a thread so am delighted this is up for discussion fairly recently and am hoping some of you may take a look.

I graduated in marketing 2 yrs ago and am now in full time employment.
I'm now interested in taking the accounting route and there are so many options I'd be better off if there were less.

Do I register with CPA, ACCA or ICAI, - Whats the difference and who has is best recognised.

I know I won't ever get what I'm earning now when I begin training so if I begin training half way through course then can I expect to earn more??

As is, with CPA I'm exempt from Formation 1 and 1 subject in Professional 1 but it requires 3 years training? Is this my best option?

All advice is very welcome

Back