Affordable Housing and Marriage

aondotri

Has anyone had experience of adding a newly married partner to the deeds or loan of an affordable property. Does this trigger claw-back (even if claw-back is equal to zero due to drop in value) and allow 100% ownership of property?

This is PERFECT opportunity to get out of the A/H system. It might just be possible.

There is no clawback, your property will be worth less than both the then market price and the A/H discounted price.

If I was in your shoes I'd sell the place to my wife via a private loan. Bye bye clawback, variable rate, high mortage protection and most importantly bye bye to county councels incopetance!!

That is of course if you get mortgage approval! ;)

Hi Zen,

Could you expand a bit - I'm in the same situation, property bought for €198k, market value at the time €310k, now...€145-€150k...how could I go about selling to my partner in order to get 100% ownership?

sorry guys
been away for a while. You will need a solicitor but you will have to go into the lads in DCC and they will give you your options. SELLING your house is the only way to get the clawback off the deeds and any affiliation to DCC. So SELL the house to you partner and then get married.

Back