Mbna Credit Card Protection - Back Problem

J

JohnDunford

I have had a back problem for over a year and am due for a second operation in January.

I was protected for my MBNA Credit Card but they will not pay out as I cannot give them a copy of a MRI scan as proof as the hospital does not need to do a scan due to the severity of the problem.

I have given the other information I can (a letter from hospital X-Ray etc) but they say this is not sufficient. What other proof can I give!

They are refusing to pay the minimum payments and are now sending debt collectors and threatening court and charging on a regular basis.

How can I get them to payup? What else can I do?

Thankyou for any help.

Letter from consaltant done. They have said they will accept nothing but photogaphic proof (MRI). Get out cluase used to extreme, no common sense used by them, but why would they when in their favour. Would take them to court but not working so no money (as they well know as in most of these cases - They make you skint so that you can't fight back).

So, basically MBNA or their insurance company is saying that your consultant is not suitably qualified to assess your back problem. I don't think that is likely to stand up. Frankly, I would say make a serious complaint to the financial services ombudsman a.s.a.p.

MRI scans are very expensive and I have a strange feeling they're just throwing up any excuse not to pay up.

I had a MBNA credit card with payment protection, and when i wanted to cancel PP, they would not do giving me different excuses and telling me how good it is for me bla bla bla bla, finally i managed to cancel it after giving out to them on phone, PP with MBNA is for their own money security rather than for your benefit and i am not surprised that they are reluctant to pay money

Not even MBNA, it would be their insurers as I doubt MBNA underwrite their own policies.

Back