How to claim 10k NL Scratch Card win

pudds

A friend has won 10k with a national lottery all cash gold card. He has to go to a main post office to claim this.

What will be his options when he goes there.

1. Is i.d. required.
2. Will he be paid by cheque.
3. Can he be paid by EFT into his bank account.
4. Will he be required to name the shop where he purchased the ticket.
5. Could his name be used against his wishes in the shop for promotional purposes, eg. 'We sold a 10k Scratch Card' to
Mr. Joe Soap.

What a nice problem to have!

1. yes, but for money laundering purposes only

2. Yes

3. no

4. no

Lovely problem to have all right,:) and won by a person who really deserves every red cent of it.

Thanks amtc for reply, good to know what to expect.

Is one piece of i.d enough, like for instance his bank account details or would utility bill etc be necessary.

A friend has won 10k with a national lottery all cash gold card.

I hope he has,

This tread reminded me to scratch my N/L card that came with my easter egg, no such luck for me though.

Reading the back of the scratch card, it tells you how to claim, then goes on to say ‘’some prizes may have already been won’’

Does this mean if I scratched 3 x €10,000, went to the main post office to claim, that I could be told sorry, that prize has already been claimed ?

Surely this cannot be the case.

I would presume this means that there is x number of 10k prizes , but the winning tickets may have already been sold and claimed.

Yes, I have thought about it a bit more and agree that is probably what is meant.

I would presume this means that there is x number of 10k prizes , but the winning tickets may have already been sold and claimed.

Thats suggesting that x amount of 10k tickets are printed but only 'some' of those will be actual winners.

If that's true its a very harsh way of treating people who after matching 3 ten thou's on a ticket, think they have won 10k..

So you get the 'high' of thinking you have won and then the 'low' after being told you didn't win.

I think some scratch cards do have prizes like a dvd player etc and could understand how those products could be won out, so maybe that clause applies to tickets of that sort, just guessing.

The National Lottery had a total of 30 scratchcard games on offer during 2012, ranging in price from €1 to €10, and offering instant cash prizes from €2 to €100,000

Thats suggesting that x amount of 10k tickets are printed but only 'some' of those will be actual winners.

If that's true its a very harsh way of treating people who after matching 3 ten thou's on a ticket, think they have won 10k.. .

That was my initial thought that I could present my €10K winning ticket only to be told; that prize or all of those prizes have already been claimed.

I now think any €10K winning tickets will be paid, but it is possible that when you buy your ticket, all the €10K prizes are already gone, but if that is the case then you will not scratch 3 x €10K because all those tickets have already been sold.

I now think any €10K winning tickets will be paid, but it is possible that when you buy your ticket, all the €10K prizes are already gone, but if that is the case then you will not scratch 3 x €10K because all those tickets have already been sold.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

Yeah thats the way I see it now, otherwise it would be a bit of a con job
and upsetting people needlessly.

It would be to cover the bit where it says something like "1 in 7 wins"
That will have been the distribution of prizes originally, but may not hold true now that some tickets have been sold and won.

Back