Grange Hall, Dunshaughlin -Bad smell in house

andrea79

Just wondering if anyone else has had problems in this estate?

Ive had a really bad smell in my house upstairs the last few weeks, seems to be getting worse.
It seems to be in every room and its like bad eggs/rotten type smell.

Would this be a problem with waste pipes leaking and coming back up through drains or something like that?
I have no clue about this sort of stuff and just wondering is it a plumber ill need to look into it?

We have a management agency for our estate so not sure whether they would cover stuff like this or do i need to contact a plumber myself.

Im going to call to my neighbours and see if they have been having trouble too.

Thanks

No, i deffo dont think its that, it seems to be coming up through the drains, in bathrooms and seems worse after a shower etc.

Has it been occuring during our recent dry spell? If so I reckon it's the drains.
I've noticed similar behavour during very dry weather and very stormy weather.

As for a dead rat, I'd be more concerned about the rat than the smell.

No, i deffo dont think its that, it seems to be coming up through the drains, in bathrooms and seems worse after a shower etc.

You may have an issue with siphonage so. Check that all traps have water in them, these are designed to hold water to prevent smells entering the room from the external plumbing.

If it's worst after a shower, then check that the trap in the sink has water in it after running the shower. Sometimes a poorly designed waste system can lead to the water in these traps being siphoned or sucked out along with the waste water from a shower/toilet flush.
Leo

Back