investic account : questions regarding letters as proof of address and id?

Treefrog2108

hello.
i wish to open an investic account, i have photocopied my passport and a credit card bill with my address. This has a lot of info on it,what i spend my money on and how much i spend. Can i black out areas on this? mainly the credit card number and other details im worried about but i dont see why they should see how much i spend amonth. also they ask for one more letter with addres,do you think they would accept a parking fine letter? I have no utility bills in my name.

Thank you.

Treefrog, wherever you decide to go with the money you can black out the acc no. and transactions on your cc bill, they only need to see the name and address and the co. It's from, and yes, I would think a parking fine letter would do fine, I obtain AML as part of my job and we'd accept it

Found Investec good to deal with, no account at the moment with them. Very little post only opening and "account will close soon" letter at end of 12 month. Also your driving licence has your address on it, might be sufficient for opening account along with passport for ID. Parking fine should be fine, give a call to confirm.

mmm that dosent instill a lot of confidence in me. after all I am about to give em 25 thou of my hard earned cash.And if they are that blase about the paperwork ,where will my credit card bill and all its infprmation end up and who gets to see it,not wanting to sound paranoid or anything but sometimes you wonder.

thanks for your reply, maybe i'll consider rabo.

You have nothing to worry about. The password only works with your username, that is provided separately, and then only then provides read only access. You need to go through other steps to transfer cash out of the account.

You will get a much better return for your money with Investec over Rabo.

I called to Investec recently to close a fixed deposit that had matured. I brought along my passport as I.D. When I was being handed my cheque I asked them did they want to see my I.D. and they said there was no need to produce it.
I thought this very poor.

ok, seems theres mixed views on investec. I think i'll follow through with investec with the letters i have,i want to get this out of the way.

thanks everyone for the input

I've been with them for over two years. Had a few different types of account. I opened the account in person and have conduced the rest via post.

Recently opened an online account which was great. They e-mailed the username, then txt me the password.

A perfect record.

I have no reason to be paranoid about them.

Back