TONERGATE : Aengus O'Snodaigh owes Dail €3,700 for printer cartridges since 2009.

At least I now know which printer to buy next time.

What a great piece of free advertising for Dell. It can print 3.4 million copies.

That should keep me, my children and grandchildren going for the rest of our lives.

I live in his constituency also (albeit the far end of it from where he is based) and have never received anything from him.

A stationery shop owner on the radio yesterday said the amount of paper used would fill a 40ft truck (with the paper delivered on pallets in the normal manner)

There is no way he printed that much. What were these cartridges really being used/stored for??? Pat Kenny is the only media I've heard so far that has thrown this question out there and straight away Pierce Doherty went on the defensive saying 'thats a very serious accusation'...but it's what most people are thinking or saying amongst themselves

you might'nt be far wrong with that! Hoarding ink for the general election campaigns is what came into my mind

it was estimated on the radio earlier that the amount of paper involved would have costed 21k.

I've also heard Senan Moloney say he asked for info from earlier years on this subject, but the Dail have'nt been able to provide it

Is there a corresponding amount of paper used over the same time frame? It strikes me that you cant have one without the other. Paper never refuses ink!

I love this quote:

Sinn Fein's Mary Lou McDonald conceded that the ink bill was "excessive", but said her party colleague had not broken any rules and said the system was at fault.

But if it was another party you can bet your life SF would be shouting from the rooftops about corrupt politicians exploiting the system at the taxpayers expense.:rolleyes:

How much ink would you need to print "Void" on £26 million in small denomination notes?

I love this quote:

Sinn Fein's Mary Lou McDonald conceded that the ink bill was "excessive", but said her party colleague had not broken any rules and said the system was at fault.

But if it was another party you can bet your life SF would be shouting from the rooftops about corrupt politicians exploiting the system at the taxpayers expense.:rolleyes:

Probably futile to point out to her he has broken rules hence being given a fine that three years later he still hasn't paid.

I love this quote:

SF should be made pay back the taxpayer.

Just as Healy Rae did for the phone calls.

How much paper was O snodaigh using?

Yet they believe that no rules were broken. It is the taxpayer that will have to pay for this guys over use of ink.

What was he printing?

Making a hard copy of the internet?

In relation to this a few questions, sorry if they've already been answered. To use a cartridge in a 24 hour period, one has to have an 'industrial' printer. Do these printers take the normal cartridges that the Dail supplied. Would this printer cost a lot, who pays for that? Who pays for the paper, how much paper would it require a day, does Mr. O' Snodaigh have an invoice for a) the paper b) renting the industrial printer c) purchase of said printer d) payment of people to handle print outs that are being printed e) payments to people to distribute the printouts

They have him over a barrel.

A report should be prepared.

He should be fired, or bite the bullet and resign.

We need a better calibre of TD.

well it just goes to show he was living up to the name SIIN FEIN = for ourselves, ah but he is a TD and is doing just like all the others taking the p....

and he gets in next time no problem

Back