123.ie home insurance renewal - caveat emptor

But....what is really getting to me these days is that not a day seems to go by where I don't have to chase, ring, follow up, email or write to someone about some incorrect charge, over-charging, mistake or whatever you're having yourself.

exactly! Not everything does what it says on the tin and this was certainly the case with those p21's. in the end I got back the €1,000 I was due but only after querying how each year was assessed.

will give simplymortgages a go and see result. cheers

What I think is pretty sharp practice with 123.ie is the way their excess automatically is set at 500 euro which is very high in comparison with normal policies (usually 120 - 250). It isn't really something people pay attention to (unless they know what they are looking for) and we (as brokers) have had many people come back with a cheaper quote when really the cover is not the same.
BTW went online to try and get a quote and it was refusing to quote online for me. Not sure why. New build, smoke larms, no claims, average sums insured. Sigh.

still waiting for 123.ie insurance to send out form,she told me on the phone that she was going to send it straight away,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,still waiting

Just contacted 123.ie and have given me a very competitive quote (100 euro cheaper) than 3 others companies I have contacted on a like-for-like basis. Just wondering, before I part with money, if you ever got sorted out and how you found this company to deal with in the event of a claim.

When I got my Allianz renewal this year, I check their website and got a higher price as a new customer.

Same was truefor the Mrs motor insurance with Hibernian.

Loyalty is starting to pay...

When I got my Allianz renewal this year, I check their website and got a higher price as a new customer.

Same was truefor the Mrs motor insurance with Hibernian.

Loyalty is starting to pay...
Did you see if you could get a cheaper premium for similar cover with another underwriter? Inertia may still be paying rich picking for some insurance companies.

Back